39

Andrew never felt this type of pain in all these past few years. The pain he felt wasn't physical. Yet it was so painful for him to bear. It was his heart which was never there before but it is paining now, for the soul he tainted.

Chloe was lying on the bed, with IV attached to her arm, bandages were covering her head and wrists. Her room was completely looking like that of a hospital with all the machines and other stuff.

As Andrew doesn't let Dr. Jennifer to take Chloe to the hospital, because he knew well, how much dangerous it could get. His enemies will gladly take this situation as an advantage and will try to attack.

Because he got to knew he was being drugged last night and that too by non other than Shawn. This all happened because of that bastard. He told his men to bring Shawn, but to his dismay he is missing.

He is very wise in understanding people just by their appearance or by their behavior. But he never thought that Shawn will betray him like this. But the thing that irked him is that John called him the same night when he was drugged. It leads to only one conclusion. They are working together.

Only if Chloe wouldn't have listened to his conversation with john last night, this wouldn't have happened. But what is left now nothing except to regret. He couldn't have the courage to even go in her room.

Doctor Jennifer came towards him, who was standing outside of Chloe's room and gave him a disgusting look. She was very well aware of the fact that Chloe is his wife. And she knew all too well that it was none other than Andrew who did this to her. She always respected him but today he lost it. The moment her eyes landed on the battered form of Chloe. Tears pricked her eyes by seeing the condition of the poor soul. It was obvious she was brutally raped. With heavy heart she treated all her wounds. And when she came out of the room and saw Andrew standing there she felt disgust towards him. She spoke in her professional tone.

Jennifer spoke up. "She was brutally raped."

Upon hearing this Andrew intake a sharp breath to compose himself but didn't utter a single word.

Jennifer continued. "There are bruises all over her body. But her neck is badly bruised as if someone chocked her to death. She lost a lot of blood due to the continuous bleeding from the wound on her head. I think that man slapped her during her struggling and because of the impact of the slap her head got hit with the headboar--"

She cut her own sentence in the middle and faked a gasp. "I think she bit you on your ear that's why you slappe-"

"ENOUGH!!!"

His voice boomed in the hall. Jennifer's eyes widened in fear, she knew she crossed her limits by talking to the Mafia boss who is also her boss like this but couldn't help it after seeing that innocent soul like this. But his one word was reminder for her to stay in her limits.

Andrew was very well aware of everything as it was completely written in his memories, he can never forget his monstrous act towards her. But that doesn't allow his employees to forget their places. He knows that Dr. Jennifer is hating him right now after seeing Chloe's condition but that doesn't mean she will disrespect him. He spoke in dangerous tone.

Andrew asked. "Is she out of danger?"

Dr. Jennifer composed herself and spoke in a professional tone.

"Yes, but we still don't know when will she wake up. I'll come twice a day to check on her."

Andrew nodded his head in approval and with that Dr. Jennifer left. Andrew was aimlessly looking at the door of her room. Not having any strength to face her even tho she is unconscious.

The thudding of the running steps caught his attention. He saw Ethan running towards his direction and Eli trailing behind him. Ethan doesn't even give him a single glance and barges in to Chloe's room along with Eli. The door opens widely enough for Andrew to have a look in the room. There laid Chloe wrapped in bandages and unconscious his heart constricted painfully in his chest, moisture gathered up in his eyes. Every time he looked at her battered form, guilt strikes him with full force.

Ethan and Eli were shocked to see Chloe in that condition. Eli started crying. Ethan moved further into the room and when his eyes landed on the bruises on her neck and wrist, he got the hint of the situation.

Ethan marched towards Andrew in furry and punched him hard across his face. Andrew doesn't even attempt to save himself, he knew he deserved it. Ethan grabbed his collar and spoke in a deadly tone. "What you did to her bastard?"

Eli held Ethan's arm and was telling him to let Andrew go cause she was unaware of the reality. But she stopped when she saw a tear rolled down Andrew's eyes. She took a step back. Ethan on the other hand jerked Andrew.

Ethan roared. "Speak up you!!-"

Andrew stuttered. "I r-ruiend her. I-i-"

Eli gasped in horror ,her hands clasped around her mouth to suppress her sobs. She couldn't believe her ears. The one whom she always thinks of an elder brother, how could he go this low. How could he do this to Chloe, her innocent friend.

Ethan was outrageous upon hearing his confession, his blood boiled just by thinking of it. He punched Andrew so hard that he fell on the floor, blood was oozing out of the corner of his mouth. Ethan saw the angry nail marks on Andrew's face as well as the teeth mark on his ear. It was obvious he does something evil to his little sister. He couldn't control himself anymore and tears started to flow through his eyes. He was crying because he couldn't save Chloe from Andrew. His eyes landed on bruised face of Chloe and his heart constricted painfully.

The thing which was unsettling for Ethan is that he knew Andrew so well that he was assured that Andrew won't do it if he would be in his senses. And when he saw Andrew's remorseful, regretting face he knew there is something fishy. But how will this help his little sister, whether it was Andrew's fault or not, she was snatched of her virtue.