48

For a moment he was numb unable to decipher what was actually happening, it was as if a bucket of ice-cold water was thrown at him. When he realized what she was thinking, he abruptly took a step back.

Chloe was shaking by now and her arms were wrapped around her fragile body, and she was trying to cover her self.

His heart constructed painfully in his chest and his eyes moistened.

"Hey! hey baby I won't hurt you."

He said with quivering voice. He couldn't control his emotions they were everywhere. He took a step towards her.

"I-i'm sorry Chloe. Baby I'm s-so sorry. Please I won't hurt you. Please I'm sorry Chloe."

He said all that while touching her shoulder to which she flinched away.

She was scared a second ago but now she was hell shocked. The monster who was cause of her agony was saying sorry to her.

Andrew's body start shaking with tears, and he fell down on his knees while joining his hands up in front of her in a begging position.

"Forgive me! please, Chloe I know I'm a bastard I wronged you. I'm your sinner but Please forgive me! I'm sorry. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness but please just don't think that I'll force you again. I'm sorry for what I did but I won't hurt you again. Please don't think like that."

His body was trembling because of his crying. Chloe was watching and listening to him in a numb state. When his red shot teary eyes met Chloe's she gasped.

"No no don't forgive me I'm a criminal I'm not worthy of your forgiveness. But please Chloe don't think that I'll do it again. I will never hurt you please I'm sorry. I wasn't in my senses at that time."

Chloe couldn't stand there anymore, and she ran into the restroom and closed the door behind her. Her tears weren't stopping. She couldn't understand what's happening.

He was guilty it was clearly written in his eyes, she had never seen him in such a vulnerable state. She felt her heart beating fast. The one who never apologized the one who is the definition of cruelty was sorry.

The thing that wasn't leaving her mind was that he said he wasn't in his senses, but he wasn't drunk at that time, what a liar he is! She thought in disgust. She will never forgive him.

Her mind was exploding with all the thinking and crying. She just need a shower to relax herself. She stripped out of her clothes and hoped into the shower. When she was done she wore her bath rob. She knew that he would have left by now. And to her relief the room was empty. She changed into her night dress and laid down on the bed but sleep was far away from her.

Andrew was in his office, smoking. He mostly never smoke but today he felt like having it. He was looking out of the window while dragging the puff of his cigarette. He can't believe, Chloe thought that he'll hurt her again. Who's fault is that. His conscience spoke. Even now when he thought about her scared eyes, he felt like killing himself. He crushed the remaining cigarette and sighed.

He rubbed his eyes and plopped down on his chair. He got startled when his phone go off it was Shawn. His features hardened. He picked up the call and said.

"Speak."

**********************

Ethan was a bit relaxed because Andrew was back to work and everything is under control but there is one thing that is stressing him out.

Past...

Ethan was missing Chloe and was worried about her, like always he went to check on her if she's fine, but he stopped when he heard Andrew's voice coming from Chloe's room. At that time Ethan really wanted to beat the hell out of Andrew. But when he peaked inside the room he was shocked to see Andrew on his knees, he was crying and apologizing. Then he saw Chloe who was having a mixture of scared plus shocked expression on her face.

"What's wrong?"

Eli's voice brought Ethan out of his trance. He dragged his hand in his hair and was looking depressed it's been a month since that night. He really wanted to talk to Chloe about Ethan being drugged but every time he wanted to tell her the truth he would stop because he was scared that how will it impact her.

After so much struggle Chloe opened up to Ethan and Eli and was being normal with them. They did everything in their power to make Chloe happy, and she was improving day by day. They tried their best to get her to talk but it was like a impossible task. He sighed.

"It's Chloe."

Eli held his hand and gave it a squeeze.

"Andrew was drugged that night." Ethan said.

"What?"

Eli looked at him with wide eyes she couldn't believe what he was saying.

"Its true! Andrew was drugged that night."

"That monster is now a drug addict. I can't believe this." Eli burst out.

"Fuck! He's not a drug addict he was drugged by our enemies that night. Otherwise, he wouldn't have done what he did to Chloe."

Eli was stunned after hearing this. She covered her mouth with her hands.

"OH GOD! But still he did what he did and that was cruel. Drugged or not he hurt her." She stated.

Ethan heaved a sigh. "I know but I think Chloe should know about this."

"Yes you should tell her. But I don't think she'll buy it. She would probably think that we are trying to help Andrew and giving lame excuses."

Ethan was looking a bit angry on Eli's remark and said. "You are saying all this because you haven't seen Andrew's condition. But when you'll see how much he regrets even though it wasn't completely his fault. Then you'll realize."

With that said Ethan left the room.