Part 23

Recovery girl sighed as the door to the infirmary burst open, revealing a disheveled Izuku panting furiously. Shouto, who was sitting beside her after visiting Aizawa, flinched and stood up immediately after spotting the greenette. Within moments, the shorter was hugging him tight, tears soaking his white shirt.

"I w-was s-so sca-scared" Izuku hiccuped and pulled back. He rubbed the tears off using the sleeves of his dark purple hoodie.

Shouto sighed and awkwardly patted Izuku's shoulder "We're alright, Izuku. Everyone's safe now"

The greenette frowned with a small pout before turning to Recovery Girl "How's Ai-Aizawa-san and T-Thirteen-san?"

The petite old woman sighed and patted an empty seat beside her. Izuku sat down and took the glass of water she offered to him, gulping the liquid quick enough to slip into a coughing fit but luckily, Chiyo chided him in time.

"Aizawa and Thirteen are… safe, dearie. The injuries they have sustained are bad. Recovery shouldn't be rushed and I unfortunately couldn't use my quirk due to their… delicate situation"

Izuku let out a loud gasp "W-wait! Your- your quirk uses a person's own energy to speed up the healing process. Even a little energy would help in most cases. A-and you said you c-couldn't use it. Which means t-they-" he paused, looking pale and whispering in horror "their injuries were fatal?"

Shouto and Chiyo exchanged glances before the latter hesitantly nodded. Chiyo rushed to placate Izuku's panic "But I've managed to heal them up! They were administered some IV and once their energy levels spiked, I used my quirk. They are resting right now and will not wake up till morning"

Izuku nodded, still in daze and turned to Shouto. "Shouto-kun, are you alright? Do you want to talk?"

"I'm alright, Izuku. It's just" he paused and glanced at Aizawa's closed curtains "I saw him… "

Izuku nodded and rubbed Shouto's back as the latter shuddered. Seeing someone you view as a parental figure suffer must be traumatizing and Izuku felt it deeply. A few moments later, the dual quirk user frowned.

"There was this guy… he had hands all over his body and face"

"Hands?" Izuku asked with a frown. A quirk mutation?

"No, it's not a mutation" Shouto supplied and Izuku didn't even bother to look embarrassed, lost too deep in thought to realise that he was mumbling "his quirk was totally different"

"What was it?"

"Something like disintegration? I think? I couldn't get a good look at it because we were thrown into different zones"

Izuku looked up sharply "Thrown? How? Did someone have a portal-like quirk?"

Shouto shouldn't be surprised by the greenette's deduction but he was "Um, yeah. The guy looked like a mist with a suit. Then there was this big bird-like creature. The hand guy.. Shi.. Shigaraki I think, kept calling it Nomu"

"A what now?" Izuku tilted his head "No-mu…?"

Shouto furrowed his brow "It's brain was exposed. Also, It was able to go toe to toe with All Might. His punches had little effect on it"

"Shock absorption?"

"That guy said something about it. And it couldn't talk… or act in its own" the youngest Todoroki's frown deepened "now that I think of it, it was following the hand guy's orders"

Izuku gasped "Shock absorption? No verbal capabilities? Follows orders… exposed brain?? What kind of monster did you guys have to fight?!!"

A knock on the door interrupted their conversation. Lost in thought, Chiyo invited the person in. To their luck, it was Asui Tsuyu, Uraraka Ochako and Iida Tenya.