8.2 ***

Right when that question fell, the room turns quiet because it's true. They were stopping Li Hao from working further on that precious pill because if he succeeds, it'll be much more difficult for them to not feel shame than they already were. A 28-year-old genius doctor, graduated 4 years early and only 2 years working, he had already spread his good name around with talented skills seen rarely. Them old fogies haven't had much achievement in this generation, decades spent in this big hospital yet when you mention the Ye main hospital, Li Hao's name is being mention the most. People don't even know you too work there. We desire to be heard and selfishly want to see others fall while we rise. A law of survival, don't blame them. It's Li Hao's fault for being inexperienced and young.

The figures in the room, vacant and straight-faced, peers at the thin body standing at the head of the table. Li Hao stares at them in silent but those eyes had disappointment and betrayal hidden in it. Then they see the young genius's eyes turn lifeless as if he's used to being treated like this, the voice flat and dead.

"Very good. As expected of the Ye's doctors."

Li Hao opens his folder and throws the large number of characters written on the paper scattered around the long table. A few courageously picks up and have a read. On it are collections of impractical and unfeasible ideas putting into full details about the procedure and the problems with its solution printed. Beautifully hand-written notes, this person had individually work to the bone to get this fruition result but he end up being lectured by another group of people who are jealous of his talents. Have they lost their shame? They gaped, open-mouth. Astonishment, words of praises and worship rushing to come forth... could they have gotten the same result as this young man? How could they be so in their head and not admire these precious works? They had insulted such godly talents... Were they worthy of being doctors? These pills could save millions of lives yet for the sake of their spiteful, bitter emotions, they...

Regret and shame flashes on their face, Li Hao looks on unconcerned. The doctors straighten up, eyes sparkling and want to discuss the amazing project. They have millions of questions of how to come up with this? How can it be realistically developed? But they came face to a motionless doctor Hao. They had pushed the gentle and kind doctor to his own death and brought forth this indifferent person.

"Are you done? Hand them over. I have to get going."

The doctors look down at the precious pieces of information, hesitation paste on their face. Li Hao snickers.

"What? Now that you see my meticulous work, you also want to steal them for your own name as well?"

Their faces turn ghastly pale, frightened. They wish to stop the young genius from letting out the ugly truth but the man keeps going.

"Don't tell me you forgot the original developer for this hospital's important pills? Ah, you were so used to committing fraud that you actually convince yourself that you're capable of producing them?"

"Have you gotten your brain checked? Maybe not? I suggest you go do that and come back, see if those pills that are high selling were yours... or MINE?"

"Now hand them over back to the original owner or do you need me to file a lawsuit on you degrading people?"

Hearing the young genius plans to take this seriously, they quickly let go. Their hands felt empty, they clearly see success and achievement within their reach but it was forcibly taken away from their grasp at the last minute. They direct a disdainful and hatred gaze at the doctor. Li Hao raises his eyebrows, claps his hand and plaster his usual gentle smile.

"Okay, you want to keep them? You like them that much? Keep them ah."

Their eyes brighten up, the next second a paper fly across them and lands on the table. 'Resignation Request' letter.

"You say I don't fit to work here, I agree. There, I granted another of your wish. You ask for me to make some pills, I did and what happen? You got the credit and I stayed silent, watching you with the awards and praises. Now you say I'm not fit for this place, I give you that."

"Then... goodluck with making my pills with my methods ah. I can't wait to hear your name being worshiped on the news like always."

Li Hao says that, turns around and prepares to leave holding the box of pills inside. He stands before the door and paused, as if forgetting something, his body swirls.

"No need to sign or stamp that letter, I'm not asking. I'm telling that I quit... Ah, also don't come looking for me if..."

His eyes move around, stops at Ye Lan and mouths.

"...this hospital falls back down to his original state without me working here."

Li Hao unlocks the door and unhurriedly left after displaying that irritating smirk that Ye Lan hates. Ye Lan immediately spread words that Li Hao is unhappy with their staff telling him good words that he shouldn't skip work and abuse the power he had so he decisively quit.

Coming back home, Liu Xu Yuan joyfully flops on his sofa, exhausted with his stomach lying down. Communicating with his system, Liu Xu Yuan starts to boast.

[Quickly answer! Did I look extra cool slapping those old faces earlier?! I know I did! I bet they want to dig a hole and hides in there!]

[...No.]

[Xiao Tong... You really are very stingy!]

Liu Xu Yuan cuts off the connection and quietly pout. He's seriously exhausted and he didn't get to sleep much after that one day then he and Song Yu... remembering the man's hot touch, Liu Xu Yuan's face quickly flush and his body aches to feel them again. His head rapidly shakes and mutters in the quiet living room.

"No! uh... Song Yu, that jerk..."

His eyelids droopily drops and drowsiness quickly seeps in. Liu Xu Yuan readily accepts the sleepiness as he felt his body sinks deeper onto the sofa and he groans dissatisfied.

"...Heavy..."

"I'm here."

Liu Xu Yuan's eyes instantly shot open and his head turns to look at the man lying on his back. His hand sneakily caresses the area around the slender, sensitive waist. Liu Xu Yuan moans, he covers his mouth to hide the sound but was a second late. Song Yu chuckles deep into his ear and he feels the body under him trembles. Stripping the bottom half bare, Liu Xu Yuan feels ticklish. Big, calloused hand glides along the smooth outline of the boy's slim legs... and lightly strokes in between the thigh gap. Teasing around the area but the claws never directly touch his manhood. Liu Xu Yuan grunted in the pillow, displeased. He reaches behind to guide the man's fingers and using them to lower his white briefs, exposing the perky, supple butt out in the cold air. Liu Xu Yuan shudders, his fingers proceeding to lead the man's palm, kneading them until red marks appear. Song Yu swallows, he sits straight up just below the young man's ass with dark eyes locked affixed on the grip messaging that place. His finger itches to pinch that area so he did. The bouncy texture jumps back to fit perfectly with the man's grip. Song Yu starts to knead and message here and there with both hands, surveying the bouncy movement and noticing the pinch marks. Liu Xu Yuan wants to stop the man's incessant pinching from behind but from the swollen pain, he can hint an uprising pleasure and his face flushed with shame and humiliation.

Author's Corner:

I had already written parts of the ending but I need to fill out *ahem* in the middle of the plot so I can't upload the next chapter QAQ I used too much brain power coming up with an ending for this arc, no more thinking for the 18+ scenes.

Although, I think the ending's abit of a rushed...? Since I wrap things up hopefully you'll enjoy it! Nearly reaching the ending for this one arc! *PHEW!!*