12.2

Warnings: Homophobic Characters, mentions of suicide, Past memories.

Once the doctors prescribe Shen Shanyuan to be impossibly cured, all hopes are lost. Although Shen Shanyuan's name hasn't been removed from the family's genealogy, the relationship between the family has drifted far away. After everything that has happened, both sides have lost the trust and affection for each other. On the other side, Han Xiaowen is already considered a favorite and always accompany Prime Minister Han out in public.

It is easy to guess that Han Xiaowen is the root of Shen Shanyuan's sickness and not surprising that the female lead is in it too. Han Xiaowen and Fan Qiang has become good friends, rather friends but more of a contract partner. One day, they stumble across each other at a teahouse and Fan Qiang has reach a hand to cooperate with Han Xiaowen for Zheng Huiqing's support. They agree that Shen Shanyuan is a stumble blocking their path. Both sides decide to destroy this obstacle laying in the middle of the way. Han Xiaowen wants Shen Shanyuan out of the house so he can replace the latter's status of being the next Prime Minister. Meanwhile Fan Qiang is obstructing the young master because Shen Shanyuan does not like the third prince, Zheng Huiqing. Shen Shanyuan sees Zhen Huiqing as one who's not a dragon but a snake, not fit to wear the emperor's robe or seated on the dragon throne. Prime Minister Han is neutral on both factors, but with Shen Shanyuan around the words might change because Shen Shanyuan is likely to support the seventh prince more. So, the plan is for Han Xiaowen to earn the Prime Minister's favor then convince the father to support the third prince's factor. However, this is all but speculations because Shen Shanyuan does not like any factor, much more to even pick a side.

The princes' personality clashes with his but Shen Shanyuan is not a petty person. The seventh prince is a shy person, barely speaking and Shen Shanyuan isn't one to open his mouth to lick his boots so the two avoids each other. The reason why he dislikes the third prince is because the latter has once hit on him! And it doesn't stop then, Zheng Huiqing continues to shame him from behind. Out in view of the people, he is treated as air and even called embarrassing words saying he's trying to seduce the third prince. Shen Shanyuan's face turns ugly, it took everything in him not to go teach them a lesson. Seeing the beauty just purses his lips then walk away, they assume that they were right and the rumors started. Zheng Huiqing, to protect his reputation, acts righteous and sympathetic but you can see the hints of disgust knowing a man likes him. Shen Shanyuan becomes more inclusive and rarely goes outside, only coming out to take the imperial exams. He hopes he achieve a great honor to make his father proud. The young master walks in full of air with elegance and confidence to end up falling in a trap that marks the end of his dream.

Before Shen Shanyuan leaves this place, he has written a full set for the final imperial exams under Han Xiaowen's pressure. That's right, Han Xiaowen admits it was all his plan once Shen Shanyuan broke down about having a little time left to live. He broke the straw during his brother and friend's in time of need. Shen Shanyuan's eyes turn dull as if soulless and he no longer opens his small mouth to complain about the pain he had from the poison or the pain from being damaged inside and out by his most trusted person who should've always stand by his side, supporting him. Han Xiaowen reaching this high is from Shen Shanyuan's work but of course, who would believe a person who had repeatedly cheat off a scholar's paper? Who would believe an abandoned son who's ill and had to live seclusively alone in the back courtyard of the whole mansion?

Liu Xu Yuan has come in time after the original body took the remaining pills on the desk after finishing the set off work for his brother. Shen Shanyuan has done so to 'payback a debt' for that brother of his. Liu Xu Yuan doesn't understand their minds, what does the original body owes Han Xiaowen? Did he ask to be born into this despicable family? Did he bully or treated Han Xiaowen any worse than a brother should? Shen Shanyuan has never once look or care about the status between them, treating Han Xiaowen wholeheartedly only to be backstabbed. Liu Xu Yuan doesn't know what Han Xiaowen had said for Shen Shanyuan to think he owes him something and needs to pay it back. Even if he does, he wouldn't care and just think these people are muddled in the head.