Chapter 12

(just a fyi, I'm not gonna include them going to class in the story bc I feel like it will get in the way of what I want to happen, but I will still talk about them doing homework and stuff)

Peyton POV:

I wake up and notice that I'm not in my room and when I look around I notice i'm in Paige's room and that she's sleeping next to me.

She looks so peaceful sleeping. I know what it feels like to have cameras in your face all the time and always having someone watching you. But right now, it's like that all went away and that when Paige is sleeping the whole world stops, and she can just be Paige. Not Paige the basketball phenomenon, just Paige. And I love that I can see her like this.

I gently trace shapes on her back until I feel her stir, and roll around to face me.

"good morning" she tiredly croaks out while rubbing her tired eyes

"good morning, how'd you sleep" I respond as Paige moves closer and lays her head on my shoulder with her arm around my stomach.

"really good, I enjoyed waking up with you"

I'm glad she's not looking at me or else she would've seen me blush.

"Yea me too"

I see her smile tiredly "Do we have any plans today" she asks

"No, not that I can think of"

"You wanna go to the basketball facility and shoot around with me?"

"I'd love to, that sounds a lot of fun" I say "When are we going"

"In a little bit, give me 5 more minutes of sleep" she says moving her head comfortably on my shoulder.

I just laugh softly. This girl is gonna be the end of me.

*Time skip to them shooting around*

Right now we are in the practice facility and I'm just watching Paige shoot the ball from different spots on the court.

We are the only ones here so we kinda have free range to do whatever we want.

I currently have a basketball in my hand but I know if I shoot it I'm gonna make a fool out of myself so I just watch her while I dribble the ball around.

"Have you ever played before" she asks

"Yea in like 6th grade" I say laughing

"Well shoot, let's see what you got"

"Yea not happening"

"Why not"

"Because have you seen yourself, your amazing at this and if I shoot I'm gonna make a fool out of myself"

"No you won't"

"Yea I will"

"Just shoot"

After contemplating whether or not I should shoot it, I eventually walk up to the free throw line, dribble a few times and shoot it. And miss.

"See I told you" I say walking to the basket to grab the ball

"That's because your form was off, come here I'll show you"

I walk back to the free throw line where Paige is standing and turn to face the basket.

"Hold the ball like you're about to shoot it" she says walking closer to me.

I do as she says and she softly grabs my right hand and moves it over a bit. "This hand goes here" she says softly.

She then proceeds to softly grab my left hand and moves it.

At this point there is almost no space between us.

"And this one goes here, now...shoot" she says practically whispering since we are standing so close.

I shoot and it goes in.

I slowly turn to face her and just look into her eyes. The sound of the basketball bouncing on the wooden floor fades away.

There is still practically no space between us.

I can't help but look from her eyes to her lips.

I really want to kiss her right now.

When I look back up into her eyes, I notice she was looking at my lips too before quickly meeting my gaze once again.

I decide to go with my gut feeling and lean in and capture her lips on mine.

She quickly kisses me back, indicating she wanted this just as much as me.

Her lips are so much softer than I imagined and just feel right against mine.

We kiss for a while until air becomes a problem and we pull away, leaning our foreheads together.

"Wow" she whispers

"yea..wow"