Chapter 30

Peyton POV:

It's the day of the game and the entire softball team is in Kate and Tori's room ready to watch the game that starts soon. Right now the pregame show is on and I'm just scrolling through TikTok when Paige's name catches my attention.

"When the Huskies arrived to the hotel yesterday, Paige Bueckers had a huge smile on her face as her teammates teased her about something. We are not sure what they were teasing her about, but whatever it is she couldn't wipe the smile off her face" The reporter says as they show the paparazzi photos of Paige getting off the bus on the screen.

"Do you know what they were teasing her about Peyton" Gracie who's on the softball team asks

"No, I hung up with her right before she got off the bus"

"WAIT" Tori shouts "YOU DON'T THINK THEY WERE TEASING HER ABOUT YOU GUYS DO YOU?! OMG THATS SO CUTE"

"I don't know" I say thinking about it.

"They obviously were, did you see her cheeky smile, she only smiles like that when she's around you or someone talks about you" Kate says

"Oh my god, you guys are so cute, relationship goals" Gracie says

Now I have a cheeky smile on my face, if that was what her team was teasing her about, it was cute how she was smiling.

The pregame show, shows Paige warming up and shooting around.

"Look there she is" Kate says

I just lay back on the couch and watch her with a smile on my face

"You guys are so in love" Kate says

The game is going good, it's kind of a blow out, Uconn is winning 64-38 with 4 minutes left to play in the game. Paige has 30 points so she has played really well.

Uconn has the ball and Christyn shoots it, it hits the rim and bounces out. Paige sprints to the ball to save it from going out of bounds but when she hits it back in, it goes straight to a St. John's player.

Now they are all sprinting back to the other side of the court and Paige is behind. She starts running back to get into position on defense when the girl with the ball pushes Paige and she falls over.

"WOAH SHE CAN'T DO THAT" Tori yells pointing at the TV.

The ref calls a foul and Paige goes up to the foul line to shoot free throws. The camera is focused on her, she does her normal free throw routine but right before she shot the ball, she winked.

"What why did she wink" Gracie asks as Paige made the first free throw.

I just sit in the couch smiling remembering how Paige said whenever there was an away game and she got fouled, she would wink at the foul line to let me know she was okay.

My team has noticed me smiling at the TV and they all look at each other confused.

"What does it mean" Kate asks

"Nothing" I say as Paige makes the second free throw and they go back on defense

"No, it obviously means something what is it"

"It's just her telling me when she gets fouled that she's okay"

"Oh my god, I can't, your relationship is too cute for me" Tori says

"I can't wait to meet her at the friendsgiving dinner" Shea says another girl on the softball team

"Just wait until you see them together, they are like a newly married couple who can't get enough of each other, it's so cute" Kate says