Chapter 74

Peyton POV:

I'm currently watching Paige's game in my dorm before I have to leave for my game vs DePaul. Uconn is winning 63-35 in the 4th quarter with 7 minutes and 27 seconds left.

Nika dribbles the ball down the court step faking making her defender fall, before passing the ball to Paige. Paige finds liv under the basket and she makes the open layup making the score 65-35.

They jog back down the court to get on defense now. The player Paige is defending is dribbling the ball down the court and makes it to half court where her teammate sets up a screen making Paige and Liv switch the players they are defending.

Now the girl Liv is defending is a mismatch because Liv is taller than her and Paige realizes this and runs over to double team and the Creighton girl passes the ball right into Paige's arms and she starts dribbling back down the court on a breakaway.

The Creighton girl catches up to Paige as she's running, so when Paige makes it to the basket she tries to Euro step around her for the layup but instead trips on the Creighton girls foot and they both fall super hard on the ground. Making me instantly stand up with my hands on my head worried if Paige is okay.

Paige is immediately helped up by another player on Creighton, which I'm happy that she's okay but it still definitely looked like it hurt a lot. The camera then changes to showing Paige's mom in the stands with the same body expression as me, hands on her head, which I find kinda funny.

Paige then steps to the line to take free throws and before she shoots the first one she winks, letting me know she's okay, which makes me smile knowing she knows I'm watching her, shortly after she makes the first one. She then gets back to the line after high fiving her teammates, winks again, and makes the second free throw making the score 67-35.

Uconn ends up winning 81-49. Paige got 13 points, 4 steals, 1 block, and 9 assists.

I quickly text her, "Hey, I saw your hard fall in the game, please let me know if your okay ❤️" before grabbing my bags and heading to the softball locker room to get ready for my game. I know Paige won't see the text for a little bit but it will just calm me a little knowing after my game I can call her and see if she's okay.

Paige POV:

My game just ended we won 81-49. It was a pretty good game. I got to talk to my mom after too which I was happy about because I didn't know she was coming to this game.

Once I make it back onto the bus to head back to the hotel I take out my phone and see a text from peyton saying, "Hey, I saw your hard fall in the game, please let me know if your okay ❤️"

It makes me happy that she was able to watch my game knowing she had a game of her own and that she texted me to make sure I'm okay, even though she won't see my response until after her game.

I text her back, "Yea I'm okay, will definitely be sore tomorrow and will probably get a bruise but nothing too bad. Good luck in your game 😘"

As soon as we make it back to the hotel I quickly run up to the room Nika and I are sharing and turn on Peyton's game so I can watch it. I luckily haven't missed too much because it's the bottom of the first inning meaning Uconn is up to bat.

"Jeez, your like speedy Gonzales running through the hotel" Nika says as she walks in the room and drops her bags on the floor before laying in her bed and watching the game with me

"Yea well I don't wanna miss her game" I say

Uconn has a runner on 1st and 2nd and Peyton gets up to hit. She walks to the batters box, gets the sign from her coach, writes my initial in the sand, and then gets in her stance.