Chapter 22

Paige POV:

I wake up to someone gently shaking my shoulder and pick up my head to see who it is. I realize it's Nika when she says "We are about to land" so I start stretching my arms and legs as much as I can while being in an airplane seat as I slowly regain consciousness.

We land a few minutes after and are making our way off the plane. I'm happy once we get into the airport itself because it's so much easier to use crutches in an open space than in a narrow airplane aisle.

There are a few fans who ask for a picture and autograph as we make our way to the exit where the bus is and I happily accept. I love my fans so much, especially the little kids.

As we make our way to the exit of the airport to get on the bus I notice there are some paparazzi again. Not as much as last time, but still a good amount.

Getting through the paparazzi and on the bus is going to be difficult but thankfully my friends noticed the paparazzi and started to circle around me so I have a clear path.

As we get closer to the paparazzi I start hearing them say "Paige what happened to your ankle" "Are you going to be out for the season" "Who's going to lead the time while you're hurt"

And at this point it's really hard not to speak back to them because yea I lead my team in points, buts it's not a one person team. Everybody helps contribute and make plays to help us win, not just me.

I notice Nika is on my left and Evina is on my right as we make it through the exit and outside. Luckily the bus is right outside the doors so we don't have to continue to walk to it because my arms are starting to hurt from the crutches.

My friends let me get on the bus first but getting up the stairs of the bus is hard and my ankle is starting to hurt again because the medicine is wearing off. I make it up 2 of the 4 steps and just stop for a second to breathe because now my arms and ankle hurt.

"Take your time P, me and E are behind you blocking you from the paparazzi, so just take a second" I hear Nika say as I look down at my ankle.

"Yea P, take all the time you need we're all here for you" I hear E say.

After about a few seconds of my gathering myself together, I make it up all the stairs and decide to sit close the the front of the bus so it's easier to get off later, as everyone else starts getting on the bus.

We finally make it back to our room and I couldn't be happier. Christyn opens the door and holds it for me to walk in and I tell her thank you. As I make my way inside I notice Peyton is here standing in the kitchen.

"Wait what, I didn't know you were gonna be here" I say as I make my way over to her feeling the tears form in my eyes.

"Of course I'm here, I'll always be here" she responds as she pulls me into a hug and I can't stop the tears from falling out of my eyes as I hug her back and rest my head on her shoulder.

Peyton POV:

I'm just holding Paige and rubbing her back as she cries because I know she's had a rough few days and she always bottles everything up.

I look over at Nika and Christyn who just put Paige's bags in her room and mouth them a thank you as they make their way into their rooms.

"How about we go in your room and lay down on your bed together" I ask Paige

She eventually agrees and uses her crutches to go in her room as I follow behind her. Once she sits down on the bed I take her crutches from her and lean them against her end table and make my way to the other side of the bed and lay down.