Chapter 15

Paige POV:

It's 7 AM when I hear my alarm go off and I hear Peyton groan next to me because it woke her up too. I have to get up early today because the team has a flight at 12 for our game at Tennessee tomorrow.

I slowly get out of bed and give Peyton a kiss on her forehead as I head to the bathroom to get ready.

I change into our travel gear which is just UConn Women's Basketball merch and our backpacks that have our last name and number on them.

Thankfully I packed my jerseys and extra clothes yesterday so I don't have to worry about it today and I can just focus on getting to the basketball facility to get bused to the airport.

Peyton quickly gets ready after me and we make breakfast together before I have to leave since we won't see each other for 3 days.

We decide on making chocolate chip pancakes with some strawberries.

After we are done eating we clean up everything and that's when Christyn and Nika come out of their rooms ready to leave.

I really don't want to leave Peyton but I know it will just be a couple days, not forever.

"I'll see you in a couple days ok?" I tell Peyton as I hug her.

"I'm gonna miss you" she says as she hugs me back

"I'm gonna miss you too, but I promise a i'll text, call, and facetime you whenever I can" she smiles at that.

"Ok, good luck at Tennessee, you're gonna do great" she says as she pulls away from the hug and kisses me.

"Are you gonna watch?"

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it, now go before Geno yells at you for being late" she says laughing

"Ok I'll text you once I get on the bus" I say before kissing her quickly again

"Ok, silly" she says laughing as I turn and leave my dorm with a smile on my face, seeing christyn and Nika waiting for me in the hall.

"Jeez took you long enough" Christyn says as we start making our way out of the building

"Oh shut up" I say playfully

We finally made it on the bus and are on our way to the airport. It should be about an hour ride to the airport so I'm just listening to music looking out the window or texting Peyton.

I already texted her that I made it on the bus and she said she's going to workout but to text her when I make it to the airport.

We finally pull up to the airport and stand up to grab our things to head off the bus but then Geno tells us to all sit.

We all look around confused because normally for other away games once we make it to the airport we head off the bus and go right in, he has never given us an announcement before.

"So guys I just wanted to let you know there are a lot of paparazzi outside waiting for us to get off the bus. I don't know how they figured out what time we were coming, but they did" He says walking up and down the aisle

He continues "From what I can see they are here for Paige because they are all holding pictures they want you to sign" he says looking at me as I suddenly get nervous.

"Now, I don't want you to sign them because they will just sell it for money, and I also don't want you to get freaked out by all the cameras and flashing lights in your face, so will everyone be able to crowd around Paige to block the cameras from getting to close to her" he says looking at everyone on the bus.

"Yea of course, we wouldn't want to do anything else" they all say.

I just take a deep breath trying to calm myself down. Yes I've had fan encounters and people asking for my picture and everything but never 20 or more people camping out at an airport just for me.

"Listen to me, we are gonna keep you safe" Geno says snapping me out of my thoughts as I slowly nod my head to what he says.

"Once we step out of this bus we are all walking straight into the airport, they will probably follow us but once we get to security they won't be able to pass. So just keep your heads down and don't answer any questions. CD will be in the front for you guys to follow her and I'll be in the back making sure we don't lose anyone"