Chapter 36

Paige POV:

It's the next day and Peyton and I are on our way to talk to Geno and our managers about our decision. I'm a little nervous but I'm also excited that we don't have to hide it anymore.

"How do you think they will react" Peyton asks as I hold the door to the basketball facility open for her.

"I'm not sure but I think they will be fine with it because after all it is our choice" I say walking in after her and grabbing her hand as we walk to Geno's office.

The door to his office is already open so we walk in and let go of each other's hands as we sit down.

"Have you guys made a decision" Kesley asks

"Yea we have" Peyton says looking at me

"Ok what have you decided" Kesley asks

Peyton gestures for me to tell them so I look at Kesley and say, "we want to go public"

"Are you 100% positive that's what you wanna do" Emma asks us

"Yea, because either way we will have people watching our every move, so why not be able to act like a couple in public" I say

"Ok when do you wanna announce it" Kesley asks

"We can do it whenever, but how would we announce it" Peyton asks

"You can do one of three things. You can post on your instagram stories something written out that the rumors are true and you are dating. You can post a picture of you guys together on instagram and in the caption announce it, or you can just start acting like a couple in public and people will get the hint" Emma responds

"What do you wanna do" Peyton asks me

"I say we either post on Instagram or just start acting like a couple in public and let them figure it out"

"What if we start acting like a couple in public and then we post pictures on Instagram when we want"

"Sounds good to me"

"Alright so you guys can start whenever you want. We are happy for you guys. But don't worry when you guys being a couple is all over twitter, instagram, tiktok, everything. You guys are going to break the internet for a little bit"

"What can I say, it wouldn't be us if we didn't do something dramatic" I joke

"I would prepare for interviewers asking about your relationship during games Paige" Geno adds

"Yea we can talk more about that later so you know what to say and what not to say" Kesley says

"Ok sounds good" I say

"Alright you guys are good to go then. We will manage everything on the internet for now and keep in touch with you guys if anything happens. But go have fun and enjoy not having to hide anymore" Emma says

"Thank you" Peyton and I both say as we stand up and leave.

"So what do you wanna do" I ask

"How about we go get coffee, like how we first met"

"Don't have to tell me twice" I say as Peyton and I start holding hands as we start walking to the student union where the Dunkin' donuts is.

"People are probably gonna look at us and whisper to people but don't worry about them" I tell Peyton as we walk in the Student Union

"Don't worry they won't make me stop holding your hand" she says smiling at me.

We walk upstairs to the Dunkin' donuts and are waiting in line. "What are you going to get" Peyton asks. "I'm not sure probably an iced vanilla latte, what about you?" I ask looking at the menu

"A frozen coffee with a mocha swirl" she says. "That sounds good" I say "Yea it is, it's like a snow cone with coffee flavoring"

"Is that all for your order today" the cashier asks "Um add in a Boston Kreme Donut and that will be it, thank you" I say.

Once we get our drinks and donut we go sit down at a table together with me on one side and Peyton sitting in front of me on the other side.

"Why did you get a donut" Peyton asks "Because it looked good and we can split it" I say ripping it in half and handing her a half.

"Lucky for you this is my favorite donut" she says. "What can I say I know you too well" I say smiling at her.

"You haven't met my crazy side yet though" she says taking a sip of her coffee. "And what would that be" I say.

"Me screaming the lyrics to Let It Go during karaoke" she says laughing. "Are you serious" I ask laughing.

"Yea it's such a good song, so much emotion" she says dramatically putting her hand over her heart. "You're crazy" "Yea but you love it" "That I do" I say drinking my coffee.

After hanging out and just enjoying each other's company at Dunkin' donuts we head back to my dorm.

"Hey why didn't you get me anything from Dunkin" Nika says whining

I look at her confused "How did you know we were at dunkin" I ask her since we finished our drinks and donuts there so we didn't have anything with us.

"People posted it on Instagram, look" she says showing me her phone.

There's a picture of Peyton and I sitting at the table together smiling at each other as I hand her the half of the donut with the caption Paige and Peyton hanging out alone 👀 date?...

"Well at least it's working" Peyton says laughing

"What do you mean. What's working" Nika says putting her phone back in her pocket.

"We are going public with our relationship so we can actually hang out with each other without everyone, and be able to hold hands and act like a couple" I say

"Yea and that photo is proving it's working that people are speculating we are dating that way when we hold hands and everything it will confirm that it's true" Peyton says walking over to me and wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Wait seriously you guys are going public?" Nika asks

"Yup" I say

"OH MY GOSH I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS" She yells jumping up and down and then pulling us in for a hug.

"Thanks" Peyton and I say laughing.