Chapter 45

Paige POV:

It a few days later and todays the game vs DePaul where Peyton is sitting with my dad and Drew which I'm happy about. I'm glad that both my Dad and Peyton like each other and that Peyton is like another older sister to Drew.

We are doing our stretching and warmups right now as a team when Nika comes up to me.

"P, is Peyton coming to the game today normally she's in the student section by now" she says

"Yea she's over there with my dad and brother" I say pointing to them

"Oh my god that's so cute!!" she says excitedly seeing Peyton and Drew create a handshake together as I just smile at how nice she's been to him.

Shortly after the game starts and we are winning 14-2 right now. DePaul has the ball and we are on defense. The girl I'm guarding gets the ball and I hear "Defense *clap clap* Defense *clap clap*" from Peyton and Drew cheering in the stands.

I then am able to poke the ball away from the girl and run after it, pick it up and run it down the court for the layup, making eye contact with Peyton when I jog back onto defense seeing that she's standing up and cheering for me.

It's the 3rd quarter right now and we are winning 62-34. There's a media timeout and Geno talks to us fast and then we use the rest of the time to drink some water, when suddenly I hear the announcer say "Peyton the softball superstar is going to attempt a half court shot and if she makes it she gets $100!" as the crowd starts cheering.

I stand up from the bench and look over at half court and notice Peyton is on the court getting ready for the half court shot. My team all lineup next to me and get ready to watch this.

"So Peyton, do you think you will make the shot" The announcer says before holding the microphone in front of Peyton so she can answer.

"Um well I made a free throw before so....maybe" she says chuckling. As I remember the day she made the free throw when I helped her. That's the same day we had our first kiss. I snap out of my thoughts when the announcer says "Alright you get 5 shot attempts. Good luck" before handing Peyton a ball.

"You think she'll make it Paige" Aubrey says

"I'm not sure. I think so" I say watching Peyton get ready to shoot.

She takes a few steps back and bounces the ball before taking a running start and jumping shooting the ball right before the half court line. The ball soars through the air before swishing right through the net.

The crowd goes crazy and starts cheering as me and the team rush the court going towards her and form a circle around her and start jumping up and down cheering for her.

She has the biggest smile on her face probably not believing that just happened. A few seconds later the announcer comes over to us so we give room for him and Peyton.

"Peyton, that was incredible! Do you have anything to say?" the announcer says putting the mic in front of Peyton again.

"I'm just a natural I don't know much more I can say" she jokes looking at me as I just laugh at her.

Peyton POV:

After the half court shot I made my way back to my seat after the announcer gave me a check for the $100. I don't know what I'm going to do with the money though. Once I make it back to my seat Paige's dad gives me a quick hug "Nice shot you are a natural" he says.

"Thank you" I say laughing. After the quick hug with him Drew comes over to me and hugs me too. "That was awesome Pey!" he says happily. Drew has started calling my Pey and it's the cutest thing ever.

"Thanks buddy" I say hugging him back. I look over at the court since the game is about to start again and I see Paige looking over at us smiling and I smile back. I'm glad I've gotten so close with her family in just a few days.

It's the end of the 3rd quarter and the score is 75-42 and there's a few minutes until the 4th quarter starts.

"Pey can we go get ice cream?" Drew says excitedly standing up. I look over at Mr. Bueckers to make sure it's okay "Yea you guys can go here's some money" he says pulling out his wallet.

"No, no, it's fine, I'll pay, you already paid for the tickets" I say

"Are you sure"

"Yea it's the least so could do"

Drew and I make our way up to the concessions stands and find the Uconn Dairy Bar one and wait in line. I'm holding Drew's hand since there are a lot of people because I don't want anything to happen to him, but he doesn't seem to mind as he looks over the list of flavors.

"What flavor are you gonna get" I ask him

"Chocolate Brownie Fudge" he says

"That sounds like a cavity waiting to happen" I joke

"What are you going to get" he asks looking up at me

"I think Mint Chocolate Chip" I tell him as we are next in line.

"Hi! What can I get for you" the worker says

"Can I have a small Chocolate Brownie Fudge please" I tell the worker

"Sure in a cup or cone?" They ask

"Let's do a cup that way he doesn't drip the ice cream everywhere" I say laughing which makes the worker laugh too as she grabs the ice cream.

"Anything else?" They say as the hand us the ice cream

"Just a small Mint Chocolate Chip in a cup too please, and that will be it" I say handing Drew his ice cream.

After paying we make our way back to our seats and enjoy our ice cream as we watch the final quarter of the game.

The Huskies win 88-54 and Paige walks over to us after shaking the DePaul players hands saying good game.

"You played great" I say pulling her in for a hug

"I think you played better than me. That half court shot? That was awesome" she says smiling pulling away from the hug

"I know right, I should go pro" I joke

"Oh for sure" she jokes back before picking up Drew.

"How'd you like the game little guy" she says to him

"It was great, Pey and I got ice cream!" He says excitedly wrapping his arms around her neck

"Oh yea? What flavor did you get" Paige asks him

"Chocolate Brownie Fudge" he says

"That sounds like a lot of chocolate" Paige says laughing

"You played great kiddo" Paige's dad says as he comes over and gives Paige a quick side hug since she's still holding Drew.

"Thanks dad" she says

I start to look around and notice there are a bunch of fans waiting for Paige for autographs and pictures and even some people recording the exchange she's having with us.

"Paige you got some fans waiting for you" I tell her which makes her look behind her and see them. She puts Drew down and turns to me and her dad. "I'm gonna go take pictures with them and then change and I'll meet you guys back here, okay?"

"Alright see you soon" her dad says

"I love you" Paige says pulling me in a quick hug again before leaving

"I love you too" I say before she walks over to her fans with a big smile on her face taking photos and autographs with them.

I've always loved how she treats her fans. She spends so much time with them to get to know them and talk to them. She doesn't just rush through them to get it over with like some celebrities. She truly loves her fans.