Ch 15: Side effects

Claude stood in his chambers, viewing the two princesses unconscious on the bed. Athanasia had woken up a while ago, screaming in pain before Claude put her back to sleep with his mana.

The chambers was empty since Felix went to fetch a capable magician and Claude was the only one who was sitting and looking at his children.

He felt helpless as he could do nothing while his children were suffering.

----

A month had passed and finally a young mage who was confident in his skills had entered the chambers to heal the princesses.

The first princess to wake up was the youngest, Athanasia. And she was shocked to say the least when she saw the mage who he healed her.

It was the boy she met in the forest. Ebony hair , Ruby eyes.

Upon awakening the two began to chatter among themselves for a while before the young mage, Lucas told her.

"And now it's her turn." Lucas eyed the eldest princess sleeping beside Athanasia.

"Huh? Lin! Wait she was sick too?!" Athanasia finally noticed her sister laying beside her.

"Right, her sistuation is a bit different since she already had control over her mana before it went haywire." Lucas stood up to go and sit near Athelinda to heal her.

"...Huh, wait this...?" Lucas mumbled as he viewed the princess.

"What? What is it? Is she okay?" Athanasia asked in worry.

Thud

The door opened to reveal Claude, accompanied by his knight, Felix.

"Daddy!" Athanasia stood up and began to run towards Claude.

She fell halfway but was caught by Claude, suprisingly.

"There won't be any side effe-" Claude stopped midway as he saw Athelinda still asleep. "I told you to heal both of them." Claude said as his eyes glowed.

"Your Majesty, Princess Athelinda is in a slightly different situation then Princess Athanasia. I would need more time to heal her and since this work needs to be done in full concentration..." Lucas spoke, he had currently shifted to his young form.

"Tch, Have her healed by tomorrow if you value your life." Claude spoke as he left his chambers leaving Lucas to tend to Athelinda.

----

The next morning, Athelinda had safely awoken as well but, she still had a mild headache upon waking up and her body felt fatigued and weak.

Upon waking up she was greeted by Lucas, who saw no need to act all formal with a child just because she's royalty.

"Finally awake? Geez this took time, You better thank me for saving your life." Lucas groaned as he lazily sat on the chair.

"Thank...yo-Aa!" Athelinda suddenly held her head because of the sudden pain she felt.

"Ah, those are the side effects. Nothing but a headache, the pain will decrease with time."

"Ah...Thank you?" Athelinda's mind was still hazy.

Lucas eyed the princess and kept staring. "You...Your different from your sister. Or your mana should I say. It's-"

Thud

The door opened to reveal Claude with Athanasia in arms.

"Lin! " Athanasia shouted teary eyed, as she wiggled her way out of Claude's arms and running towards the bed.

Athanasia trapped her in a tight hug. Claude reached the bed as well and picked up Athanasia again, "You're suffocating her."

Athelinda looked at the two with a hazy mind. Her head was throbbing. Her brain was reacting to things a lot slower than usual.

Claude noticed Athelinda's unfocused gaze and looked at the magician for answers.

"Your Majesty, Princess Athelinda is suffering some side effects of the incident. It is simply a headache. She'll be better after some rest and nourishing meals." Lucas explained.

"I see..."

"Lin! Does it hurt anywhere?!" Athanasia asked in a shout.

"...Ah...no...I'm just tired...I think." Athelinda responded with short breaks between her words.

The two other members of the royal family looked at her with worry and doubt.

-----

A few days had passed and Athelinda would have daily walking and tea sessions with Claude. Athanasia would join them as well. Athelinda's hazy mind slowly recovered and it ended up in her becoming a lot more expressive than before.

"Dad! I made a flower crown for you!" She excitingly spoke as she extended her hands towards Claude, who was drinking tea.

Athanasia looked shaken by how Athelinda had become so so over the course of one week.

She had accidentally started calling Claude Dad when she heard Athanasia say it. And now during tea time she would go around picking flowers and sometimes just offering them to Claude while some time making a ring or crown out of them.

And suprisingly Claude would accept her small gifts.

He reached out his hand to hold the crown of flowers his daughter had carefully made.

"Do you like it!?" Athelinda asked, her voice not mimicking Athanasia's bubbly voice but instead it sounded a lot more soft and innocent.

"I don't particularly like flowers." Claude responded in his seemingly cold voice.

"But you keep them in your room..." Athelinda spoke quietly, enough for Felix to hear and give out a muffled laugh.

Claude also turned his head to the other side in irritation and Athanasia was just sitting there processing this.

"You haven't forgotten the deal we made , have you? The test will be next week. " Claude spoke to change the topic.

"Ah."

"Lin forgot." Athanasia announced.

"I-I didn't! I'll get a perfect score! " Atheliinda spoke with hesitation.

Claude smirked as he mumbled, "I hope you do."

"So you want me to leave?" Athelinda, asked him with big puppy eyes.

"You've got a lot more annoying." Claude spoke with frustration, as he placed a hand on his forehead.

----

Lucas had become the princesses's playmate. And so it was their play time right now. And a certain raven magician decided it would be a great idea to visit the White dogs house.

And the best place to teleport to was none other than the chimney.

The two princesses coughed as they came out of the chimney, and met eyes with a boy in the same age group. Golden eyes and white hair like his father.

Ijekiel Alpheus.

Athelinda observed the boy in front of him , after all he was the son of the man who tried to kill her. Is he an enemy as well? He'll be going to the School in Arlanta as well. She wanted to see him and know how he is so she could be careful with him in Arlanta.

◇◇◇◇
Vote and Comment!