Ch 32 : Visitors

Two days had passed.

The results were out in the Crush Hall of the Academy.

Among the first years, Athelinda's name stood at the last.

Her total score was high enough to make it to the top tens, yet for the sole reason of the accusation, her name was written last on the board.

Athelinda had yet to tell her friends about what happened in Professor Po's class the previous day.

But with this, it was time to reveal it.

The group stared at the board finding their names.

"Well, I made it to the top twenties." Rosalia sighed in relief.

"That's great."

"What about your name?" Rosalia asked Athelinda. "Well considering you were a top achiever in the entrance exam. . ." Rosalia looked towards the top of the board, slowly bringing her eyes lower, lower , lower and then finally at the end bottom.

She then looked at Athelinda who was just smiling.

"Okay, What."

"What's your position, ladies?" Gabe came up to them and asked.

"In top twenties, but never mind that, Athelinda's position is messed up." Rosalia pointed towards the bottom.

"Huh." Gabe voiced. Cabel leaned forward from the back to see the results as well.

"Guys, let's go somewhere quiet and I'll explain." Athelinda told them.

"Hmph! Whats there to explain!" The annoying voice of Isabelle popped up from the crowd of students gathered, though most students cleared a path for her to walk across.

"Miss Alger Obelia here, cheated on her exam. It's only natural to be placed last for having cheated."

"What nonsense are you spouting ?" Rosalia asked Isabelle.

"Watch your mouth, redhead, I speak the truth. You can ask Professor Po."

Rosalia turned towards Athelinda with a questioning gaze.

The students around the scene began murmuring.

What a way to start the morning!

Athelinda was not in the mood to waste her breath, but leaving a misunderstanding wasn't the best either.

"How long are you going to spread lies?" Athelinda asked.

"Lies? But Professor Po agreed that you cheated." Isabelle smirked.

"Hmph! To think that a princess of our allied nation would cheat in a mere monthly exam!"

Athelinda fisted her hands and glared at the brat as she walked towards her.

"The emperor must be so ashamed to have a daughter like you."

Athelinda was this close, and I'm not kidding when I say this close to slapping the dead duck's face.

But a voice interrupted her actions.

"What?"

The hallway became silent. The intimidation and rage in that voice was easily conveyed. The students stood still, frozen with fear. The bloodlust in the hallway was suffocating.

But for Athelinda it was different.

The voice felt so familiar, yet she didn't believe that he would be here. Right, it couldn't be. And yet when she turned back her head and saw the familiar blonde hair and cerulean jeweled eyes, she froze as well.

She thought she cut it off. She thought her relationship with the emperor was as well as water down the drain, and yet when she saw him she felt relieved.

"Dad. . ." She uttered under her breath, but in a silent hall, the whisper spread like fire in a forest.

And Isabelle's head jolted in the same direction upon hearing that word. Her face doused in panic when she did meet the emperor's gaze.

"Who dared to speak in that tone and say such things to my daughter?" Claude's cold icy glare immediately made Isabelle lose the support of her legs.

"Uhh-Ahh-Uhh" She began mumbling in panic.

Athelinda composed herself and analyzed the situation.

"Father, what brings you here?"

Lucas suddenly arrived behind Claude and gives Athelinda a wave in the air.

"I heard a bug was annoying you so I came to see for myself, who dared to stand in your way."  Claude glared more intensely towards Isabelle.

"Ahhh, Your Majesty! Please this way." One of the Academy staff came over to guide the emperor around.

"Athelinda." Claude called her, completely ignoring the staff member.

Athelinda walked over to Claude in a hurry.

The two stared at each other for a moment.

From the way it looks, The emperor still has no clue I was Anastacius's daughter. Even so, why did he come here? Sending Lucas to confirm that my fingerprints are not on the answer sheet was enough. . . Don't tell me! is he taking me back!?-

And suddenly Athelinda's trail of thoughts ended when Claude patted her head. "You've done well."

Athelinda slowly rose her head, wide-eyed at the words. Her face unknowingly formed a smile as she stared at the emperor.

The bell rang suddenly and it was time for the afternoon classes to begin. The students in crush hall began dispersing, and soon Isabelle disappeared as well. The ones left were her group of friends.

"I'm here until you're done for the day. Go on for now. . . later. . . I'd like to meet you're teachers, and any friends you've made." Claude spoke before retracting his hand and going his way.

Athelinda took a moment to process that.

Claude de Alger Obelia. wants to meet her teachers and friends.

Felix probably insisted he should do that since it's his first time visiting. But still,

Oh my God.

Athelinda freaked out, she didn't know why. It's just that, this is the first time her dad- well uncle, would be meeting the teachers and, and this- well, the situation is pretty chaotic- and like agh, she didn't know okay? she didn't know why her brain began overthinking the moment those words entered her ears.

But God thank Rosalia for breaking her out of her bubbles of thoughts.

"Okay, there's a lot to explain." Rosalia said as she held Athelinda by the shoulders.

"But um, first, class?" Cabel reminded the group.

Everyone, and I mean everyone , gave Cabel the look.

"W-What? Class is important, and so is this, but you know, its professor Po!"

Everyone suddenly realized, oh no, its the Professor Po's class.

And that's when the group ran.

◇◇◇◇
Vote and Comment!