Ch 28 : Isabelle Quweez

"How dare a lowly commoner sit on the same level as a noble?!" Isabelle's voice echoed throughout the cafeteria.  The hall went silent and almost every student was looking at the scene.

"She's a sheltered spoiled child, raised with a golden spoon." Rosalia whispered in Athelinda's ear.

"M-My Lady, I-I will go sit somewhere else!" The girl who was now drenched in orange juice, quivered slightly as she turned around and was about to run outside the hall, but-

"Here," Cabel gave her a handkerchief and gave Isabelle an intimidating glare. The drenched girl just stared at him with awe on her face.

Murmurs filled the hall as the students began gossiping.

"Getting on Isabelle's bad side is gonna get that boy kicked out of his house!"

"He helped her in front of Isabelle! is he crazy?"

Amidts the gossip Athelinda stood up as well and walked towards Cabel and the girl.

"Come, let's get you cleaned up." She spoke in a gentle voice as she rubbed the whimpering girls back.

Cabel and Athelinda shared a knowing stare before they both looked towards Isabelle with a judging look.

"What are you looking at!?" She shouted before sitting down on the seat.

"Why did you pour juice on her?" Cabel spoke fluently in Arlanta after giving Athelinda a little push from the back. That was the signal for her to go now.

And so she did. Placing her arms around the girls back, Athelinda led her out of the cafeteria and towards the restrooms.

"Do you have a spare uniform?"

The girl was now crying as she shook her head left and right.

Athelinda looked at her with worry.

"Hey!" A shout from behind.

Rosalia.

She came running up to the two. "What was that all about?!"

"Sorry, I left you alone."

"That's what you say!?"

"Since you're here already, care to help?" Athelinda eyed towards the weeping girl.

Rosalia sighed and grabbed the girls hand. "Lunch break ends in twenty minutes. Lets go to dorms, get her cleaned and changed."

"Twenty . . .minutes?"

"Uh! I-I'm fine. Please. . . I'll go by myself . Thankyou for your kindness." The girl bowed and tried to break her hand free from Rosalia's grip, but instead Athelinda held her left hand and asked,

"Can you run?"

_____________

Finally, they ran to the dorms and were now back in the Academy corridors.

The three girls were panting. Rosalia was on the ground, her legs completely numb. Athelinda was holding on to her knees and taking short breaths. And lastly Jane, the juice drenched girl, suprisingly standing and looking better than the two others.

*Bell Ringing*

"Oh no-" Athelinda groaned before Jane held her hand.

"We can make it!"

And once again the girls now ran to the classroom.

_____________

"So nice of you to join us ladies." The professor spoke with a smile. "I thought morning classes were the only ones with late attendees. But here we are, late attendees in an afternoon class. "