11: Hope

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

The darkness in the room only increased with the passage of time. There was just the sound of rain hitting the leaves and the window, dead silence inside the cabin except for the little breathing sound coming out from the two.

Taehyung wasn't sure about the time, but he knew that it was almost hours since the other was out cold, laying beside him, still pale and unlike before, warmer because of the fever.

God knows, how he got the courage to actually clean the other and change his wet clothes with his own dry ones (from his bag) and tied up the wound in a better way, little bit of his training came into the hand. He was keeping his eyes closed when he did so, but one thing made him feel much better, there wasn't any bullet. The bullet passed through the flesh but didn't penetrate.

Even though they were fortunate by that miracle, but still he was panicking because he couldn't treat the wound like it was in need. He couldn't leave the cabin to search for some herbs, he wasn't very good with the plants and all, moreover, he wasn't planning to leave the other alone.

His head was still heavy with all the traumatic events and the gross sight of blood left him in dire need of some good sleep but he was trying his best to stay awake.

A little groan from the other made him whip his head to his right to see the other waking up.

"Hyung?" He softly yet desperately called the other and luckily, he got a response this time that he couldn't in the past hours.

"H- hey." The voice was deep and hoarse yet there was that calm aura.

Taehyung let out a sigh of relief and lifted his cold hand to check the other's temperature which was a bit better than before after he placed wet clothes on the forehead. After getting a water bottle, he made the other drink from it.

"It's better." Mumbling to himself, he let out another deep sigh before leaning back on the wall. But jolted in surprise when his hand was gripped by a warm hand.

"You're still wearing these wet clothes. Why?" Surprisingly, Jungkook's voice came out much better than a moment ago after he took another sip from the bottle.

Hesitantly, the silver-haired pulled his hand back and wrapped his arms around his own torso.

"There aren't any more dry clothes and they're almost dry." Referring to his still-wet clothes, he stated calmly. But to his surprise, the other got up with a little grunt and removed the shirt he was wearing, and placed it on his lap.

"Change into this, you'll get sick." It was like an order but he was already feeling mixed emotions. Burden, guilt, anger, confusion, and regret were making his senses go wild.

"I'm already sick of this place!" Jungkook frowned at the loud voice but he noticed the trembling hands of the younger.

"Are you angry?" He softly asked, taking the cold hands in his own warm ones and caressing the skin gently.

"Yes! I'm so much angry! I'm angry at myself for leaving the cabin, I'm angry because we couldn't leave this hell! I'm feeling awful because you're injured now, because of me! I'm angry at myself for pushing that girl while she could be alive by now! I'm angry at you for shooting her! I'm feeling like a murderer! Do you hear that? I'm feeling like a MURDERER!"

The outburst left the silver-haired huffing and breathing heavily but the older kept his eyes focused on the still trembling hands.

"I shot her to save ourselves." Jungkook softly replied and scooted closer to the younger who was still breathing heavily, on the verge of crying.

Taking a careful approach, he softly grabbed the other's wet shirt hem and tugged it.

"I want to protect you," He pushed the younger lightly on the mattress while pulling the shirt up till it reached the upper torso, exposing the gleaming skin.

"And I'll do anything to do so." The words left the younger in a sort of daze that he couldn't even protest when the shirt was already touching his chin.

"Can I?" Jungkook asked, referring to removing the shirt completely in the same daze, Taehyung tilted his head a bit and the wet shirt was already removed, making him shiver at the sudden exposure.

Jungkook was busy in taking the other shirt when Taehyung carefully observed many scars on the other's torso and that pendant.

"Lift your head a bit." Taehyung blinked and suddenly felt awkward in their position. Jungkook was half leaning over him with exposed skin and he was laying beneath him.

Shaking his head, he quickly got up, snatched the shirt from the other's hand, and quickly pulled it down to hide his body.

Jungkook chuckled but kept quiet as he leaned back on the wall as well, silently observing his wrapped wound.

"You did that?" Taehyung nodded his head, avoiding eye contact.

Jungkook frowned and looked around to find no trace of blood or any dirty cloth.

"Why you did do it all? It could've triggered you again."

"I'm fine. You need to rest." Ignoring the concerned tone, Taehyung retorted and turned his back to the other before laying there.

His mind was in deep chaos and the previous outburst was a little glimpse of that. He was mad at Jungkook for shooting the girl but at the same time, grateful for saving him. The previous words of the older were ringing in his ears, making his mind more chaotic. It wasn't like, he didn't like the other's presence, but the time and place weren't suitable. Everything was messing up with his mind.

The silver-haired was still in his own pool of thoughts when an arm wrapped around his waist and in the next second, he was pulled back, hitting the other's chest.

"Stop thinking about that all. Sleep for a while, you also need it." The whisper-like tone made him shiver as the hot breath was hitting his ear and nape.

When he tried to free himself, the other just pulled him back more.

"Please, stay like this for a while." Jungkook requested. Taehyung slightly flinched but felt relaxed when the other nuzzled his nose on his nape and started caressing his torso with his hand.

"Why do you care about me? We barely know each other." He blurted out his thoughts. The hand on his torso stilled for a mini second before the movement was back.

"In this eerie place, you came like a ray of hope. A hope, that I can leave and have a normal life again. How can I not like this hope?"

Taehyung felt speechless at that and decided to stay silent till the chaos in his mind started to settle a bit before numbing him. The warmth coming from the other's exposed body was enough to subside his shivering, and coldness, and to melt the webs in his mind.

Even though the time was bad, there was hope. Like the other was using him as a ray, he was also depending on him in some way. With that thought, his body started falling into a deep slumber, ignoring all the chaos, in the arms of the raventte.

_____________

Assalam o alaikum!
A little feedback?