13: Reality?

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

The night was deep when Taehyung opened his eyes to the loud growling of the beasts in the jungle. The loud growls and howling snatched his sleep away when he just fell asleep after making sure that the older was comfortable.

As the coldness was increasing after the heavy rain and cold wind, and the other's leg was exposed because of the messy bandage, he collected all the clothes and made a temporary cover with them, tucking the older one inside that.

"Ah, shut up." The silver-haired groaned, his voice groggy and sleepy but still low in volume, very careful not to disturb the other.

The growls continued and he let out a sigh of defeat when he lost the last ounce of sleep from his eyes. When he turned his head a bit, he found the other's face slightly close, his face not so clear because of the darkness but still, he could feel the features.

He kept on laying in the same position until his throat felt dry. The room was dark and the rain had stopped completely, leaving only the growls of the ghouls in the eerie jungle.

Taking a deep breath, he got up from the bed and let his feet touch the cold wooden floor of the cabin. Tracing his hands over the edge of the bed, he moved around to get to the table and grabbed the bottle placed on the floor.

When he took a few sips from it, he heard a thud coming from the outside of the cabin. At first, he thought to ignore that but when another one came right after the previous one, he gulped in fear.

An animal or ghoul?

In nervousness, he started chewing his lower lips while capping the bottle again before placing it back on the floor. Another soft thud came and in an instinct, he looked back to find the older still out cold.

"What should I do?" Many scenarios were going wild inside his head. There wasn't any chance to have some animal, as he didn't see a single one since he came to the cursed place but there could be some poor soul, wandering to save their life, or maybe a ghoul? But as the raventte said, ghouls never crossed a certain limit.

"A survivor?" Gasping in his own thoughts, he quickly took hold of the emergency light and took slow steps to go to the door but halted.

What if a wandering ghoul is doing so? This would be like suicide.

His head again turned back to see the older, of course, who wasn't in the position to defend himself or help him in any way.

The voice continued with the growls but he didn't hear any growl from a close distance. But his fears were interrupting his little courage and in the end, he just went back to bed.

The whole night, he kept on hearing voices like someone was definitely outside of their cabin and the growls continued as well. He couldn't even blink peacefully for the night and just when he thought that the sun was about to come out, he finally fell asleep as the noises came to a stop.

Next time, when he opened his eyes it was already daytime, and found the bed empty beside him, sending him into a state of panic.

"What-- hyung?! Hyung?!" His feet quickly took him to check the bathroom but found that empty. The door of the cabin was closed but he couldn't think of anything else and just marched out of the little space to look around.

It was the second time that he was looking for the raventte, but his heart was still feeling like before, or worse than the last time.

The whole ground was still muddy, and slippery but it couldn't stop the silver-haired to run around.

"Hyung-" He almost crossed the fence but the horrible view made him step backward.

The same girl from yesterday as he could see her clothes were laying in pieces in front of the fence. Her face was distorted as the head was laying at a distance, her hands were also a few steps away, and her body with torn clothes was just in front of his eyes.

"Oh- oh my God." A low mumble left his parted lips, eyes still focused on the distorted face. Those eyes, those piercing eyes that were sharp till yesterday, were now blown wide, eyeballs rolled back to her head and only leaving the white portion to be seen. Blood was still sticking in some places even when the skin was ghostly white.

Taehyung was standing still, the view left him in terror. The terrifying view from yesterday was still fresh in his sight and now this, just made his mind blank.

It took a while for him to understand that his breathing was already picking up the pace and at the end, his knees gave up, making him fall over the mud with a low thud.

The bile in his stomach started to poke his throat, making him gag a few times but nothing came out as he barely ate anything last night.

"Calm- calm do- down." He choked on his words, his shaky hands trying to cover his eyes but seems like the whole body was out of order.

"H- hyung." Suddenly, he recalled the purpose to leave the safe haven that was the cabin and the called person. Even when his voice was betraying him, he again called the other.

He didn't know what to do or how to do it. All he could do was call the other while trying to get up. After trying many times, he managed to get up on his wobbly feet and rushed backward.

"Hyung?! Jungkook HYUNG?!" He was crying at the point but no tears came out, eyes too tired to even let them out.

One time he rush forward and the other moment he would glance back. He just wanted to see the other, safe and sound. But in the condition, the other was, he was already feeling mixed emotions about his prayer.

When he took the turn, he felt the ground slip away from his feet, because the area was devoid of any human beings.

His shaky hands harshly grabbed his silver bangs, pulling them when the word 'no' continued to fall from his lips.

There was no way the other could go any further also when the way was filled with the stinky remains of the poor girl.

Shaking his head to get rid of many scenarios in his mind, he rushed back to the cabin and closed the door in haste.

Slowly, the events from the last night knocked on his memory, reminding him of the voices that he heard near the cabin. New puzzles started to form in his mind even when the last questions were answered.

Did something happen when I was sleeping?

How did her body come there?

Was there actually someone outside?

Blinking his eyes, he rushed back to the bathroom to find it again empty. Then his eyes fell on the other door, the one which was still closed.

Another thought crossed his mind but he quickly shook it off. But the curiosity still made him look a bit more in the cabin and when he couldn't find the things he was looking for, his body slumped back on the bed like no energy left.

There wasn't the bag, the bag of Jungkook. His knife, water bottle, and fruits were gone from the basket as well. Only his own clothes were scattered on the bed that he used last night to cover the older one.

The last thought he could believe in was looking bitter or more like another horrible reality at the moment. The words were itching on his tongue but he still hold them until they slipped out in disbelief.

"Did he-

did he leave me alone?"

_______________

Assalam o alaikum! Any thrill? 👀