𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

"What the hell are you doing.?"

"I'm leaving! I'm sick and tired of you and...and...All of this.!" My eyes welled up as I struggle to say the words that were bottled up inside me.

Unhappy lines on his face etched deeply as he quietly watch me pack my belonging.

"Tired of what.? We can talk it out like we always do."

"We don't communicate anymore! It's like I'm invisible to you!" I replied sobbing as I could feel a searing pain in my heart.

I feel a loss of connection and affection in our relationship.
coldness and unhappiness are replaced by what was once possibly a blissful existence.

there are loads of things that make both of us opposites attract, but I end up compromising for his happiness.

I don't care about my former hobbies, pastimes, social activities. I've lost my ability to feel joy and pleasure.

perhaps the reason why I ain't thrilled to meet new people.

I've experienced an increase in physical complaints such as headaches and aching muscles due to constant nightmares.

Why can't I leave him?

I did, I did try to leave him a couple of times.

But I guess I'm not strong enough to let go of someone I love.

The thing about love is that once you start loving someone, you don't know how to unlove them.

They slowly become such an important part of your life that they become a habit.

Even when they hurt you, you feel like you can't live without them, and so you try to justify the pain.

I try to reason out his actions because I know it - I don't know how to love myself without him.

It's been years of togetherness after all.

"Do you even love me, Kai?" I whispered.

Kai gently wipes my tears " I know that I can be a difficult person. I blurt out stuff that hurts you. Acting like I'm gone when we are both in the same room, And I know I make you feel like you're at the end of your rope."

Kai pulls me closer to him, his presence remained intoxicating.

"I admit I have hurt you so bad, but I can't deal with the pain of staying away from you."

"You always say that..." I muttered in low voice.

"I just need time, honey. I know you do not believe me anymore. But believe me, everything will get better." He pulls me into a warm embrace.

I realize if I didn't leave tonight, I'll forever remain trapped in his arms.

Desire to be loved.

fear of being alone.

"I forgive you..."

Why did I do this?

Why? Why can't I leave him?

'He never answered my question.'

"Good, now-"

* knock* *knock*

Kai was interrupted by an unexpected knock at the front door.

I pull myself away from kai's warm embrace and walk to the door.

I open the door wide open and found ANBU shinobi standing outside the door, wearing a custom animal-styled porcelain mask and uniform.

"(y/n) san.. lord seventh has requested your presence in the Konoha hospital." His Icy voice pierces in your ears.