𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

"Can I please remove this blindfold.?"

"No."

"Sasuke where am I?"

"It's a surprise." Sasuke confessed lightly squeezing my hand as I blindly walk with him to the unknown.

"You and surprises? I must be dreaming."

"Shut up."

I was helping Hinata with the dishes when sasuke showed up at the house.

Before I could ask him anything, he ordered me to wear a blindfold.

At first, it was suspicious.

But now, I don't know why I'm rather excited about it.

"We are here.." Sasuke said letting go of my hand.

"Can I-"

"Wait."

I let out a defeated sigh "come on... What is this all about? You know I hate suspense and surprises"

"Hey (y/n) chan.."

"Naruto? You're here too? Will somebody tell me what's going on?" I asked restlessly.

Naruto let out a short laugh "Okay..okay. You can open that blindfold."

Without wasting a minute I instantly open the blindfold and found myself in an decent apartment.

A board smile appears on my lips as I look around the place.

"You finally found an apartment for me! Thank you.." I exclaimed cheerfully.

"It's a one-bedroom apartment but I'm glad you liked it," Naruto said scratching his temple.

There are many portraits on the wall. The floor of the living room is wooden.
The living room is filled with lights,  It has a really large window, so we don’t need to turn on any lights.

"So how much is the rent of this place?"

"Yeah...about that.." Naruto trailed off.

"Oh, kami... Please tell me it's affordable.."

"You don't have to pay rent, (y/n)," Sasuke said shaking his head.

"What do you mean by "don't have to pay rent" huh? This place can't be free after all.."

"You don't have to pay rent because we bought this house for you as a present!"

My eyes widen in surprise, the time stood still as I look at them with a dumbfounded expression.

"Surprise!" Naruto exclaimed cheerfully.

"Y-You..what now?"

Sasuke rubs his nose bridge "Idiot... We bought you this place. What part of that did you not understand"

"B-But why? I mean, why did you spend your money on me?..on this?"

"Because you're our friend (y/n). Right sasuke?" Naruto said turning to sasuke.

"Hn."

"I can't accept it."

"You have to." Naruto crossed his arms over his chest.

"But.."

sasuke walks over and places his hand on my shoulder "Just listen to him, (y/n). We didn't do this as charity work. I- we care about you. You have been through a lot, accept it as a present for your fresh start."

  I let out a defeated sigh "okay but-"

"No but." Naruto cut me off
"Before you refuse again I seventh hokage hereby order you to accept this apartment."

I blink for a moment and let out a short laugh "naruto, you didn't let me finish. What I was about to say was but I don't know how to repay you."

"You don't have to."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

home is where one can find peace, joy, and most importantly where one can feel safe. 

Home.

A few weeks ago, a home I called was an environment where I feel unsafe, physically, mentally, and emotionally.

It was a place where I feel neglected, unloved, unwanted, or just bad about myself.

But this cozy place is the beginning of my new life.

The beginning of a fresh start.

The happiness was at its peak as tears began to form in my eyes.

Home.

"Home.." I mumbled softly.

"You don't like it?" Naruto asks in a nervous tone.

"I mean, I know it's a small place. But we thought it would be enough fo-"

" I didn't like it. I loved it. Thank you so much." I said pulling naruto into a tight hug.

"Thank you..." I mumbled

Naruto smiled and wrapped his arms around me "anything for my close friend..my first-ever friend. The person who never saw me as a monster."

Sasuke cleared his throat grabbing our attention.

"Naruto don't you have pending work piled up on your office desk."

"Oh shit! That's right." Naruto hurriedly pulls away.

"I'll see you guys later! (Y/n) congratulations on your new place." With that, he walked out of the door.

The silence fell between us.

"So, I shou-"

"Will you help me out with shopping?"

Sasuke's eyes slightly widen "you want me to go out shopping with you?"

"Yeah!" I giggle grabbing his hand "let's go!"

"The place already has essential things, I just need to buy additional stuff to give it a final touch."

I notice a small smile appear on Sasuke's lips.

I was wrong.

I was wrong that no one will be there for me besides kai.

That no one cares about me or will support me.

Sasuke and everyone have invariably been a great support system.

Having finally escaped the clutches of negativity, everything began to appear fresh and hopeful. I have now gained a sense of energy, optimism, and a steely resolve.

I'm not just free from poisonous verbal abuse,

I'm now rebounded and become stronger than I once was even before it all started.

 However, now that he's gone, the veil has been lifted and I can see clearly.

I turn to look at Sasuke.

it feels like I'm connecting on a deeper soul level—and feel secure connecting that deeply.

Ever since I met him again.

it has been easy to be with him. effortless, almost. being around him just felt natural. isn't that the most one can ask for?

Everything seems easy to tackle.

With him...

I feel secure...

I feel understood...

I feel comfortable...

With him, I feel-

"Take a picture... It'll last longer."

"S-Shut up. I was just noticing how stupid you look in that hairstyle of yours."