𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

Sasuke Pov.

the Evening was crisp already, the last of the sunset just a fading pale stripe in the western sky, the last rays of sun skimmed the surface. a web of clouds, backlit by the falling sun, mist billowed through the trees and over the fields and hung low in the air.

(Y/n)

That name repeatedly rang in his head.

Her presence.

Her smile.

Slightly made him pleasant.

For once someone didn't look at him as a former traitor.

For once someone didn't act uneasy around him.

Sasuke knows everything about (y/n)'s relationship.

He understands the reason behind those sad and exhausted eyes.

~Flashback~

Sasuke was about to grab the doorknob of Hokage office when.

"(Y/n) use to be the most cheerful girl, always there for me and our friends. Outgoing, loud, naive. Presently, all I see is a lady who seems exhausted all the time."

Sasuke overheard naruto's voice from within the office.

"After sasuke left the village for seeking vengeance in the past, (y/n) changed a lot," Shikamaru said.

"You can't blame her, (y/n) was close to sasuke... No matter how much he tried to get rid of her... She never left him alone. After he left..she felt alone."

That gave Sasuke heartthrob.

"(Y/n) never wanted to become a shinobi. After we became genins..everyone she knew got occupied with missions and tasks."

"She was left alone..." Sasuke muttered under his breath as he lean against the wall.

"Yeah...but I don't understand why is she putting up with kai.." Shikamaru replied letting out a long sigh.

"What do you mean?" Naruto confused voice echoed within the office.

"(Y/n) pretends she's happy and in love with Kai, but I've seen the glimpse of sadness behind that smiling face."

"Is he abusive?" Naruto asked bitterly.

"I don't know. She doesn't let anyone in.."

~Flashback ends~

Sasuke's heart didn't agree on accepting another lengthy mission.

He needs to know if (y/n) is safe with Kai.

"I'll always protect you..(y/n)"

Sasuke didn't keep his promise in the past but presently he will.

His heart won't rest until he's convinced that (y/n) is okay.

"I made a promise...."

"Huh? Promise? About what?" Sakura's voice yanks him back to his presence.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it." Sasuke repiled.

Sasuke and Sakura are walking down the street after buying some ninja tools from tenten store.

"Ugh look at her. She looks pathetic." Sakura uttered in disgust.

Sasuke moves his gaze only to find (y/n) miserably struggling to throw kunai at the wooden post.