𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

"oh! Sasuke "

"Why did you summon me here naruto?" Sasuke questions in inconvenience.

"Yeah, about that" naruto rub the nape of the neck " I have a mission for you.."

"a mission?" Sasuke raises his eyebrow.

"There is a small community located between the border area of land of fire and land of rice. the report stated that villagers are being poisoned and threatened by some rogue ninjas.." Naruto informs.

"fine. I accept the mission. when do I leave?"

"you are not going alone on the mission Sasuke..." naruto said in a serious voice.

"what do you mean I'm not going alone?"

Naruto smiles and places three informative records on the desk,

"I know you prefer solo missions but these are three candidates that I have selected to company you on the mission. you must pick one of them,"

"But why can't I do this mission alone?"

Naruto sighs "because a medical-nin is required to deal with the infected ones in the village."

"ugh.. what are their names and ability..?"

"first is, Aika Sato - Rank: chunin..specialized skills: Medical Ninjutsu and taijutsu.
second is Hiroto Takahashi - Rank: Jonin..specialized skills: Medical Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, and Ninjutsu.
and the last one is (y/n) (l/n)."

"wait.. (y/n) isn't a shinobi, why her? Sasuke asks with a puzzled face.

"(y/n) might not be a shinobi but she's indeed a good healer." Naruto responds staring at the (y/n) informative record.

"so, who do you pick?"

"(y/n), I won't mind her company, she is less annoying"

Naruto pops his elbow and rests his chin on the hand, smirking "hmm. any additional reason?"

"shut up.." Sasuke narrowed his eyes at him.

"Whatever you say..." naruto shugs.

~(y/n) POV~

I'm laying on the bed staring at the ceiling, resting, and falling asleep.

everyone has a comfortable place to escape from reality. Mine is the bed.

I groan at the unexpected knock on the front door. the bed was so warm and cozy that I didn't feel like moving but the knocking got heavier with each passing second.

Struggling back to my feet and almost tripping over, I dragged my body across the apartment to the door.

"What?" I snap at the shinobi.

"Hokage-sama has requested you in the office.." He informs.

"tell him.. I'll come later.." I said yawning.

"it's urgent.."

"fine... I'll be there in ten minutes"

Shinobi nods and leaves without uttering another word.
rubbing my head, the feeling of being extremely irritated spread within.

The evening sun cast long shadows on the ground. The slanting rays of the setting sun gave a warm orange tinge to the sky. A cool breeze touched my cheeks and neck.

the street was more packed than usual, kids were running around, a group in the corner gossiping, various fragrances of various items like herbs, freshness, and a slight hint of spiciness.

I arrive at the Hokage office and slam the door open. "you better have a good explanation for requesting me in here naruto.."

"What a drag..(y/n) you know Naruto is Hokage right? show some respect.." Shikamaru scolds.

"I don't care if he becomes Kami.. for me, naruto is still a ramen freak," I replied shrugging.

Shikamaru shook his head in disappointment. "I have a mission for you (y/n)-chan.." Naruto announces grinning.

a smile appears on your lips "sweet! what's the mission about? don't give me a lame mission like you did last time.. it wasn't fun. I mean-"

I was cut off by naruto "wow! come down (y/n).. let me explain the mission.." naruto waves his hands. "It's a mission you and Sasuke will do together"

"eh? but I thought Sasuke liked doing solo missions? " my eyes met him, and there were no words that could sum up the intense wave of emotion.

"well, Sasuke chose you over the other two candidates.. he thinks you're less annoying.." Naruto snickers.

"you think I'm annoying Sasuke?" I crossed my arms, shrugged, and looked the other way.

"no. I don't... Oi! stop speaking nonsense and explain her about the mission.."

"There is a small community located between the border area of land of fire and land of rice. the report stated that people there are being poisoned and threatened by some rogue ninjas."

lips parted into an O shape "oh! do you know what sort of poison? I can make some antidote for it?"

Naruto shook his head "We don't know anything besides what I have just told you..."

breathing had become light and my mouth gaped. "well, sounds extra tough but I love challenges!"

"yeah, so your mission is to kick rogue ninjas' ass and help the people" naruto shouted in excitement.

"We leave in the morning. meet me at Village Gate." Sasuke instructed.

"man..! I can't wait to get out of the village."

"you can leave (y/n)-chan.. go get some rest.." naruto smiled.

"Alright! see you guys later" I wave bye and left the office.

~Sasuke POV~

"It feels good to see her being herself again." naruto said in a cheery voice.

"agreed..she seems happier.." Shikamaru agrees walking out of the office.

"yeah..good luck with the mission, sasuke." naruto replied laughing. Sasuke nods in response and leaves the office.

(Y/n).

'She's proof that you can walk through hell and still be an angel. (y/n) is full of wounds riddled with scars, but she is still standing yet she is still beautiful.'