𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕

"Sakura?"

"What do you want?"

two days have passed and sasuke is yet unconscious.

The voice is inside my head,

Always reminding me that anything could go wrong and sasuke might never wake up.

that scared me.

The feeling of fear, worry, and uneasiness within are causing me physical feelings such as nausea, stomach upset, dizziness, dry mouth, and tension.

The voices are always there.

Constantly reminding me of how terrible this situation is, I feel on edge like there's no escape.

It makes me feel like everything is wrong and that it's too much to deal with. It makes me second guess my healing ability regularly,

it makes me waste hours overthinking about the most irrational thing.

I know it's irrational,

I know it's just my anxiety giving me those thoughts. But they're just too loud sometimes.

Sakura was struggling hard to make the right antidote for the poison.

Dark circles underneath her eyes, exhausted expression, and messy appearance.

As if she hadn't slept in days.

"Did you-"

"No! I'm trying my best...nothing seems to be working! I don't know what to do anymore."

"How much time does he have left?"

Sakura covers her face with her hands. "I-I don't know... Two days maybe"

The world seems to stand still. That feeling I have never felt before, of total sadness.

I feel faint and dazed as if I'm falling or dreaming. I was told this was going to happen, but I could never be prepared for it.

(Y/n)...

I love you (y/n)...

I don't know what to say, I'm speechless. I burn up and feel dizzy but no tears will come out.

I want to get out of here, to escape, run away anything to make this feeling fade.

I'm never leaving, (y/n).

I just don't want to believe it.

Part of me wants to cry my heart out and the other part wants to whack something in a flaming rage.

"I-I'm scared, I might not be able to save sasuke kun.."

I notice the helplessness, desperation, and fear in her teary eyes.

"Keep trying, sakura-"

*Slam*

"Sakura San! Sasuke Uchiha is finally awake!"

Without giving it a second thought, I rushed out of Sakura's office.

It feels like a combination of anxiety, dread, and excitement all at once. My heart rate increased and I feel that fluttery nervous stomach feeling.

I hesitated to enter the room.

The shinobi lightly pushed me towards the door. "what are you waiting for (y/n).. go in"

Taking a deep breath I walk into the room.

Pressure built inside my chest as I saw sasuke laying on the bed, sweating and moaning in discomfort.