𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

"Where are you going.?"

"The village carnival."

"Alone?"

"Yes." I lied nodding in response.

"keep wasting your time, don't earn a single penny." Kai mutter bitterly.

Money. That's all he cares about.

"You hang out with your buddies all the time. Have I ever said anything about that?" I ask crossing my arms.

"I have a job, I'm providing for both of us. I deserve to have some fun time unlike you who stays at home and don't do shit."

"I'm a healer. Healing people is my work."

"Whatever. just leave. Make sure to be home before midnight, I don't wish to waste my time looking for you."

I nod walking out the door, thinking about meeting Sasuke makes me feel like a combination of anxiety, dread, and excitement all at once.

My palms are getting sweaty, my heart rate may increase, and I feel a fluttery nervous stomach feeling.

Growing up, one of the most exciting events for me was carnivals. Everything about carnivals made me eager to attend.

It's been a while since I explore the town Carnival. I thought staring at the night sky.

The night sky is a very beautiful scene. beautiful stars and a huge moon between them. It looks like stars are small dots in the dark blue sky and a big dot is a moon. It seems that someone has painted a dot painting in the sky.

"Oi! over here."

Turning my gaze in the direction of a familiar voice I see sasuke standing next to the carnival entrance.

"H-Hey," I nervously waved at him.

Entering a carnival was like a sensory overload. The rides are lit up at night reminding me of elaborate Christmas decorations.

Then, of course, there was the different music coming from the various rides, a mix of foxtrot and the familiar melody of the carousel.

The swings fly past and I can see small feet dangling below each seat as the swings soar through the air. The sound of arcade music and squeals fills the air.

The game booths practically called to me, with those gigantic stuffed animals I wished I could win. And the smells of the delicious food wafting throughout the place prompted my stomach to rumble with hunger.

"I'll go get tickets!"

My carnival visits always started with me fidgeting in the long line for the ticket booth.

"It's loud and crowded here," sasuke comments looking around.

"It's a carnival! Of course, it's loud and crowded!"

Out of all the games there, I knew I was reasonably good at the one that required you to shoot water at a small target.

The goal was to get the water meter above your target full to the top, which triggered a ringing alarm to go off. This ringing signified that you were the winner.

No matter how many times I had played in the past, I could never perfectly align my water gun to meet up with the target.

"I'll start from that game!" I grab Sasuke's arm and drag him with me.