𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖

"Should I forgive him, kakashi?"

Strands of thin light came from the sky, A pageant of smells floated in the spring air and a horde of dandelions littered the meadow. The sound of intoning bees filled the air. Muffling winds deaden all sound in the forest and slow the billowy bells of clouds.

The scene was spirit-refreshing and pastoral. The meadow smelled pear fresh.

I'm sitting on the crispy grassy land with numerous flowers around. feeling mellow, relaxed, calm, and unruffled.

It's been three months since I last saw sasuke.

The sadness and suffering are soothing with each passing day.

Kakashi and I have grown closer.

when he said, "I'm here" it didn't fix things, but it made a difference. it made me feel better. having him just by my side gave me the strength to go on.

"Forgive him, forgive him so you're free from his painful memories.. forgive him so you won't let your heart feel jeopardized again, forgive him for your inner peace.. forgive him for your heart not his.. he lost someone ready to give up the world for him, while you lost a man who couldn't care less. so forgive him for yourself.."

.I gaze at the clear sky as a slightly warm breeze touches my skin.

Sasuke...

It's been three months since you left Konoha for your mission.

I know we ended bitterly and you must have forgotten about me by now.

Honestly, I still think about you, but it doesn't feel like a sword going through my guts anymore.

That's what time does. Smooths those sharp edges.

I've tried running away from you...

But in the end, it's you who set thousands of miles of distance between us.

Sasuke, somehow you'd still creep back into my mind.

you're imperfect. you suck at expressing how you feel.

You hide the truth from me...

You pushed me away...

But

I forgive you, sasuke.

The reason I forgive you is that you are not perfect. you are imperfect and so am I.

All humans are imperfect.

I know that you never meant to hurt me or make me feel the pain you did, and I forgive you.

perhaps loving each other is never enough or sometimes timing isn't right

You've made mistakes, but who hasn't? I can't beat myself up forever for the mistakes made in the past.