𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

Looking out from my balcony, on a bright night where the full moon looked beautifully at me, stars shining around it.

The atmosphere was so calm and relaxing, The night was still, just how I liked it. And there's me and sasuke, just standing under countless the stars,

"Can I tell you something Sasuke.." I ask breaking the calm silence.

"sure.." 

"I have times when I wish that I didn't go through what I did in the past because of how painful it was. I know I wouldn't be the person I am if I didn't go through it but at night all of the negative voices in my head wake up and scream louder than my own thoughts."

"How did you deal with it?" 

I inhale deeply, letting the fresh air fill my lungs.

"honestly... I don't know. I just swallowed all the pain within. At the end of the day, you just have to go out there and do your damn thing. even if it means to run from pain." 

He came closer to me from where I was standing.

"do not run from your pain, face it, nourish it, heal it.." a smile appeared on his lips. 

"what do you mean?" I tilted my head quizzically.

"Keep that heart open. Never close off. Heal your wounds and stay open to wonderful things happening...You can't wish that all of the things that happened in the past would just go away and you could do it all over again. You can't. Sometimes the truth feels like a slap in the face. But here's what you can do. You can get started. You can make some moves, if you hold onto your faith and trust in whatever you believe in, you’ll be okay. In fact, you'll be more than okay. The important part is that you are trying (y/n).." Sasuke said leaning against the handrail.

"I guess you are right.. "

"No matter how much you try, you can't control everything. There will be things that happen that are completely out of your hands. You can hold onto it and let the pain fester or you can move through it with light and let it dissolve around you.No matter what has happened in the past, you can create a different future."

"so I guess...I'm should be grateful to survive the darkest part of my life, to appreciate ones who care for me." I smiled.

"Hn..things take time (y/n)"

"Would it be okay if I gave you a hug?"

"You don't ask Naruto for permission."

I rolled my eyes and wrap my arms around him.

" you are so thoughtful. I love talking to you Sasuke, thank you for everything."

Hug felt like a warm coffee cup engulfing my body.

I feel safe and secure in his presence.

The warm and fuzzy feeling bloomed within.

Warm...

Fuzzy...

Feeling...

My eyes widen and I pulled away.

"What happened?"

I cleared my throat "nothing... It's late don't you think?"

"Yeah. I should head home." Sasuke said taking a few steps back.

"Good night, sasuke."

"Good night.."

What my life is searching for is a destination, to rest here peacefully.

Why does my heart tell me that
I have found new emotions.

I have found new hope again

Like some shore gives the support I found sasuke at some turn like a star of the night.

He made me forget my pain

And now he's teaching me to live once again.

Sasuke POV

"broken yet so beautiful and bright...' Sasuke thought as he stares at (y/n) face gleaming in the moonlight.

" Good night.."

I don't know how to tell her...

My nature is changing

My mood is changing.

All because of her...

I'm lost in my memory...

Her words keep repeating in my mind.

I keep getting entangled...

I feel scared when she's away...

"Oh, welcome home." Sakura greets as sasuke walks into the living room.

"Hn.."

"How was your day?"

"It was alright.."

"You haven't been taking lengthy missions lately. Everything alright?" Sakura asked curiously.

(Y/n).

"Just want to stay in the village for a while. Recovering strength for the next lengthy mission. "

"Alright..."

(Y/n). Why does your home feel more peaceful than my own?

"Well... I'm glad you've decided to stay for a while. We can spend some time together.." Sakura said wrapping her arms around sasuke.

Nothing.

He felt nothing but coldness.

somewhere within his dept of heart, he wanted it to be (y/n).

(Y/n) laughter echoed in Sasuke's mind.

Sakura pulled away from him, her face had a blend of mixed emotions.

"Sasuke kun... Where were you before coming home?"

"I had some unfinished business to handle But why are you asking me that?"

"Then why do I smell some cheap woman perfume on your clothes.."

panic rose within sasuke as sakura glanced at him with an uncertain expression.

"I'm sure it's yours..."

"Sasuke kun...It's not, I don't use cheap products."

Struggling to make some excuse, Sasuke stayed speechless.

His brain had stopped working.

"Only if you were around to notice that.." Sakura muttered bitterly.

"What did you say.?"

"I said if you stay around. You, my husband would have learned few things about his wife."

Sasuke let out a defeated sigh, "you know why I can't stay in the village.. You know that we are shinobi... And that our priority is to protect our village."

"It's understandable for you to be gone on important missions, but it seems ludicrous for you to barely take the time to come home"

Sakura scoffed "whatever. I'm going to bed."

Is it my fault? Do you feel the same way (y/n) felt around that bastard?

Sakura showed affection for the young Uchiha heir from the second she meets him.

Sasuke, though, showed little to no interest in her.

His first serious interactions with her, when they first became Team 7, involve him calling her annoying.

Even though he and Sakura are married, they spend little time together.

The longest time they are in the same place as a couple is when Sakura follows him on his atonement.

"Maybe I did marry sakura out of guilt."