𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

"S-Sasuke?"

Sasuke Uchiha, the last surviving member of the Uchiha clan.

Sasuke Uchiha, the Supporting Kage

Sasuke Uchiha, my former friend.

"What are you doing here so late, (y/n)?" He asks walking in your direction.

Sasuke's voice was gentle as ever before.

I noticed that Sasuke has grown significantly taller by adulthood, becoming slightly taller than Naruto, who is one of the tallest amongst his graduate class.

"I should be asking you the same question."

Sasuke chuckles sitting beside me "so, how have you been?"

"I'm alright, how are you? I haven't seen you in ages."

"I've been traveling a lot, trying to deal with the conflicts outside the village."

I hummed in response staring at the night sky as the silence fell between us.

The night sky is a very beautiful scene. beautiful stars and a huge moon between them.

It looks like stars are small dots in the dark blue sky and a big dot is a moon. It seems that someone has painted a dot painting in the sky.

I still remember Sasuke was a happy child, eager to please and be worthy of his clan name.

"I'll never leave your side, (y/n). I'll protect you from the bad guys"

When Itachi murdered the rest of the Uchiha clan, Sasuke was crushed not only by the loss of his family but also by what Itachi told him: that he had never loved Sasuke.

Sasuke devoted years of his life to avenging their family by killing Itachi.

He became cold toward others, unmoved by and uninterested in what they do or think of him, choosing instead to keep to himself.

He pushed me away.

experiencing it first-hand on several of Team 7's missions. He grew attached to his teammates and started to forget the vengeance he craved, achieving after so many years a measure of happiness.

I was happy for him.

However, between both the manipulations of Orochimaru and meeting Itachi again, where he was and is utterly defeated,

He decided to sever all ties to his village in a single-minded pursuit of power.

leaving Konoha to focus solely on himself.

I still remember that cold silent night. The night he left the village.

"Sasuke! Please don't leave.!"

"I've to kill him, (y/n)"

"Sasuke, you need to-"

"Bye."

He pushed me away.

"See you later...."

"(Y/n)?" Sasuke's voice drags me back to the presence.

"Yes?" I ask turning to face him.

"I'm sorry.."

"Huh? For what?"

"for everything I did to hurt you.."

"It's long gone, sasuke. You don't have to apologize for it." I said waving my hand.

"How's life?"

I let out a shaky breath "it's alright, pretty boring actually. Being a healer can be exhausting sometimes."

"Why did you never attempt to become a shinobi?"

"Being a shinobi was never my cup of tea, sasuke. You know being shinobi can be bloody-"

"sketchy, Cold, mysterious, and Dark for you. I know." Sasuke interrupts me in a mocking tone.

"Some hearts are too innocent for this cruel world. they assume everyone around them carries the same innocence. until the kindness that was once offered to them turns into selfishness. so, you're that one person with pure intentions for somebody else."

I was taken back after learning how much he has grown. Sasuke, I remembered was constantly concentrated on vengeance.

but now as an adult, Sasuke has become wiser and mature, as well as genuinely warmer and caring, though his tendency to appear deadpan remains.

" wow, you aren't that Sasuke I knew back when we were kids.."

"hn. time changes everything."

"Talk all smart, but you're still the same old tomato head for me." I giggle softly.

Sasuke blinked for a moment as a small smile appear on his lips.

"Don't call me that, and why did you even start calling me that in the first place?"

"You seriously don't remember?" I ask raising a bow.

Sasuke shook his head "no."

"I lure you into stealing some tomatoes from a grumpy old man's garden, remember?"

"Grumpy old man..." Sasuke muttered struggling to recall the blurred memories.

"Ah. The man who always strived to stop us from playing ninja nearby his house."

"Yes! We made a plan to take revenge on him-"

"It was your idea, you dragged me into that stupid plan." Sasuke yet again interrupts me.

"Fine, anyway back to the story. We were almost done sneaking out when he caught us. He looked so furious that it terrified us so badly."

"yes, I remember. We were running holding tomatoes in our arms while he was furiously chasing us."

"As we were running for our lives when you suddenly tripped and all the tomato landed on your head!" I laughed wiping my imagery tears.

Sasuke let out a short laugh "you always use to get me in trouble when we were young."

"It was my compensation for assisting you to get rid of your fangirls," I said rolling my eyes.

Talking to sasuke makes me forget about everything.

For once, I didn't pretend to laugh.

For once, I forgot about my problem with Kai.

I felt truly delighted.

"Talking about fangirls, I met Naruto, Shikamaru, and sakura at the hospital earlier."

Sasuke's smile drops as I mentioned her name as if he recollected something depressing.

"Why were you at the hospital.?"

"I was requested by naruto to heal Mirai."

after that, none of us uttered a single word. the silence remained peaceful. his presence made me feel a little less lonely.

In a bit, sasuke stands up offering me his hand.

"It's late, we should probably head home."

A small smile appears on my lips as I place my hand on his.

My soul didn't wish to let go of this warm moment.

But I have to.

I have to leave.

"Sasuke...uhm you can let go of my hand now.."

Sasuke instantly let go of my hand "sorry."

"It's alright and It was nice meeting you again, sasuke," I said dusting the dirt off my clothes.

Sasuke nodded in response. "Goodnight, (y/n)"

With that, he teleported away,

taking the warmth with him.