Chapter Nine~ It's a Rough Night all Around

・゚: *・゚:* 💎 *:・゚*:・゚

"Waiting for me?"

Kareena was pulled out of her thoughts when Darla spoke up. She dropped her arms from where they rested on her chest and turned away from Minho.

"Come on, we should go and talk outside." Darla tried to usher out of the room, but she refused to budge.

"Are you sure we shouldn't stay? I remember how cold and lonely I felt when I woke up completely alone." She looked back at Minho passed out on the bed. Feeling tears start to well in her eyes, she bit the inside of her bottom lip to stop herself.

"He has people coming to check up on him, I wouldn't worry about him too much. Besides, you shouldn't stay here too long, it won't be good for you." Darla said, taking hold of her arm and pulling her, this time more forcefully.

Much to her surprise, Kareena obliged. Allowing herself to be pulled into the blinding, bright, bulbs of the hallway.

Bringing her where the single black waiting room chairs were pushed up against the wall, Kareena hung her head down in shame, continuing to bite her lip harder and harder.

She refused to look up at Darla, who had nothing but sadness in her eyes as she saw Kareena beat herself over something she couldn't control.

"He told me." Darla furrowed her dark brows, trying to make sense of the odd sentence. Luckily for her, it wasn't long before she continued. "... he told me it tasted bad, I brushed him off. I thought he was just this pretentious water drinker." She breathed out a laugh, thinking about how stupid and naive she was

"Kari, that wasn't your fault. No one could have predicted-" Darla tried to comfort her, but it wouldn't get through. Reaching an arm out to comfort her, Kareena instinctively stepped out of reach before she could.

"He was drugged. It was all my fault, I only looked away from my drink for a second... It had been so long I forgot... I forgot what fear felt like. I forgot that just one second could change your life forever..." Her voice was barely over a whisper before she turned angry, her head still down.

"I can't believe I forgot! How could I be so stupid!" She yelled, slamming her fist into the wall, before dropping it and walking down the hall in despair. Not bothering to feel the blood dripping down her knuckles, or to see the cracks she left in the wall.

A split second before she had punched the wall Jin came walking in, at a faster pace than normal, Sixth following closely behind him.

"Jin, wait up dude-" Sixth stopped mid-sentence when he saw him stop, following his eyes he noticed a girl practically screaming before punching the wall.

"Holy shit! Did she just break the wall? Do you think her knuckles hurt? Do you think she even knows? It doesn't look like she even felt it." Sixth began asking questions like a curious child while Jin just stared at her walking down the hallway,

Kareena slid her back against the wall, pulling her knees closer to her chest. Dropping her head down to her knees, she covered her falling tears with her arms. Moving her tongue on the inside of her bottom lip she tasted the blood that gushed from where she had bitten down.

Stalking up to her, Sixth closely following behind, Jin stared at her curiously.

Looking between the two, Sixth noticed a strange tension. "Do you know her or something?" He finally asked, breaking the silence which caused both Kareena and Jin to look at him.