Chapter Thirty~ Late yet Right on Time

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 💎 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"You've finally arrived."

Jin rolled his eyes at the condescending comment made by one of the ladies at the main entrance.

"It's... adequate to see you too, Alma." Mai answered from where she was standing next to Jin. A smile on her lips was just as condescending as Alma's.

As they walked past her, Jin muttered to himself. "We wouldn't be late if you weren't insistent on me styling myself as such." He said, resisting the urge to run his fingers through his newly cut, gelled and perfectly styled hair. Sighing, he raised his hand and rested it on his forehead, his bangs slowly brushing it.

"Oh, lighten up," she giggled as she lightly slapped the side of his shoulder she was near. When all she got was a scowl from him, she continued, "At least pretend you're having a good time, son."

Fluttering his eyes, they were met with mismatched ones when he saw Minho about to stride past them to the front doors.

Jin was fine leaving his brother to sulk alone, it wasn't until his mother called Minho over that he was forced into their space.

"Minho, there you are, kid. Where's your girl?" Mai asked, looking around to see him not with her.

Minho blinked for a moment, the night had just begun and he was already tired. "She's not here yet. Excuse me, I have to go and wait for her."

"Judging by the alienated look on your face, I assume father chastised you for not having her with you when you entered." Jin attempted to sympathize, but it didn't go well since he was not in a cheerful mood. "Although, I wasn't there to witness the gravity of the situation. Should I get your mother on the phone?" He suggested. It sounded like a snark-filled comment, but Jin truthfully meant it as an option.

Unfortunately, Minho had never spent enough time with Jin to know that he wasn't commenting: he just didn't have many social skills. "Excuse me? Is my life some sort of joke to you?" Minho felt himself gradually getting angry. Why was it him? Why was everyone always laughing at him? Why was he born the fool?"

"It was merely a suggestion to keep you calm throughout the night?" Jin answered.

"Is that so?" Minho grabbed the collar of Jin's white tuxedo, aggressively pulling him closer in a threatening manner. "See, I was doing fine all night- I didn't even mind when father was yelling at me. Then he said something to me, he said, that I was spending all my time with your assistant. Do me a favour? Stop. Running. Your. Mouth."

"Is that a threat?" Jin glared and growled

Minho's only reaction was clenching his fists tighter. "Does it sound like one?" He raised a brow. "'Cause from where I am, it sounds more like a warning, but keep it up and it might end up a threat."

"Boys, boys, boys," Mai interjected, seeing the conversation getting heated. "Let go of him." Her voice turned rough as she addressed Minho.

"Whatever." Minho scoffed, letting him go.

"I'm only trying to be a considerate brother." Jin muttered trying Kareena's advice. Minho caught it as he walked a few steps away from him.

"Why bother? You're already fourteen years too late. Just stay away from her. Tonight and forever." He glowered before walking out the door to the front steps.

Jin wrinkled his brows when he heard the last thing his younger brother had said. *Is it a possibility that Kareena is here? Ignoring the light pink that dusted his cheeks, his eyes scanned around the room, giving an extra thorough look to the area Minho come from.