Chapter Thirty-One~ Tonight and Forever

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 💎 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Minho was waiting outside by the security guards, his hands stuffed in his pockets to keep them warm from the cold air that threatened his immune system. It was several minutes outside when a black town car came into his vision.

Exiting was tan, tall, and lean- vision of brunette beauty, model Serafina Warner. Smiling and laughing with her close sister Faith while they made their way to the entrance.

The laughing stopped and her voice fell short when the first person she saw was her fiancé. "Hey." She gave him a half-smile.

Minho responded with a greeting of his own, and a smile three times as big as hers. Minho wasn't excited to see her, but he smiled nonetheless.

Fake it until you make it, right?

He was happy about one thing, though, and that was; now that Serafina was here, he could finally go inside and escape the cold.

They walked side-by-side, Faith trailing behind them to give them space, as they entered. Serafina was already at model height, the sparkling heels she wore to match her peach-toned dress that flowed below her knees, put her well above Minho.

"You're late, is everything okay?" Minho questioned, he may have fallen out of love with the girl, but that didn't mean he doesn't care for her. With a shrug of her shoulders, Serafina answered with a hum.

"I missed you." He said in a well-mannered tone. It was true, Minho did miss her- or at least he missed the thought of not being lonely. But even with Serafina beside him, he still felt alone.

"Yeah, me too..." Serafina answered haphazardly, not entirely listening to the three words Minho said.

As soon as they entered, Minho found himself pushed to the side as people gathered around the model, who was clearly on her way to fame.

If it was a year ago-back when their relationship was still early-Minho would have fought for a way back into the circle that was getting larger with every second, but it wasn't, and Minho's strength and loyalty were left out in the cold.

Before he could even notice, Minho found himself walking further and further away from the crowd.

Finding himself in the hallway he and Kareena were once sitting at, Minho slid his back against the wall. As he contemplated what to do, he found himself thinking about Kareena.

Where was she?

Who was she with?

Why did he miss her more than his own fiancé?

Was it because she was the only friend he had at this party or was it something more?

His mind wouldn't allow him to go that far. Throwing his head back, he sighed in exasperation.

Jin and Kareena were now on the second level of the beautifully decorated hall. Jin stopped walking when he realized they were completely alone. Kareena continued to move just a few more strides to reach the balcony railing.

Leaning onto it, she watched the coloured array of lights and the beautiful-dressed guests beneath them. Her eyes shifted around the floor- in her opinion, no one looked like they were enjoying themselves.

"Why does everyone seem so... miserable? Isn't this supposed to be a party?" She spoke to herself, looking down at the crowd.

"It may be a party, Miss Acharya, but that does not change the fact that it's for business. All these people are here to show that they mean something to the company. Everyone's reputation is on the line tonight, including ours." Kareena was a bit spooked, it was the first time she realized he had been next to her.