Chapter Thirty-Four~ A Night not to Remember

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 💎 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It was late in the night, things at St. Alexander Memorial Hospital could not have been going any slower. With not much to do, the nurses were gathered around the reception table- gossiping about all that had been going on that night. There wasn't much though, only one.

"Really? The same girl? One said, munching on a floral decorated cupcake.

"Yeah, poor thing, I guess some people just have bad luck follow them around wherever they go." Another girl said, rifling through the purple cupcake box for another buttercream one.

At that moment, Darla was passing by. "Bad luck follows who around?" She raised an agitated brow, as she continued, "Also, don't say things like that. This is a hospital, people here are already worried." She said as she continued walking by.

"I can't believe it's her second time coming here because of a party." The nurses continued to gossip.

"What did you just say?" Darla's ears perked up at the peculiar sentence, she stopped walking forward and made her way back to the receptionist's table.

"Just some girl who was at a party tonight. She was majorly injured." The nurse said, his mouth half-full with frosting.

"Her name? What is her name?" Darla felt herself getting more worried, but her voice came out aggressively.

The nurse swallowed the frosting and picked up the file. "Kareena Acharya, recovery room six on the fourth floor." He spat out in a panic.

As Darla was making her way to the fourth floor, Kareena was stirring in her sleep as laid on the uncomfortable mattress.

The room light was turned off, but the bright beams of the moon streaming through the window lit up the lethargic expression on her sleeping face.

Jin moved from his spot on the green couch across the room-where he had been sitting since she was brought in-to standing next to the bed. Looking down, he saw her hair flowing down to the ground, it wasn't a surprise since her neck was falling off the side of the bed.

Looking around the room, he gently lifted her head and put it back on the pillow, tucking her long hair beside her so that it was no longer sweeping the floor. As he began to move his hand, he felt silk strands of her hair tangled between his fingers. When he felt knots damaging her luscious locks, Jin took it upon himself to untangle them.

A warm feeling flooded his chest as a small smile took over his dull features. "I've never seen you so calm and quiet, I don't like it. Wake up and be your normal self... please." He silently begged. If it were anyone else, he wouldn't care enough to come visit the hospital let alone stay until they woke up, but Kareena Acharya wasn't just anyone.

Just like that, his plea was answered, with a yawn and tired mumble but an answer nonetheless. "mhmm, that feels nice..."

Jin dropped his hand at her mumble, he would rather not face the accusations or awkwardness that would come with getting caught.

Rubbing her eyes, she could see the look of joy on Jin's face when she had finally come to. When she looked his way, his cold facial features were back.

"Good morning..." She pushed out a breath as she felt a pounding start in her head. "What are you doing here?" Her voice was hoarse and raspy as her eyes squinted underneath the moonlight.

"It's not morning, Kari. Where do you think you are?" Jin sat down on the edge of the bed while Kareena slowly lifted herself, her arms shook as she put weight on them. "Try not to use too much energy." Jin said as he rushed to her side and helped her sit up, fixing the pillow to sit behind her back.