Chapter Ten~ William's Cafe of Coincidences

・゚: *・゚:* 💎 *:・゚*:・゚

When Kareena's eyes fluttered open, she picked up her phone to see what time it was, ugh, 5:45 am. Curse this internal body clock! She continued to lay, staring at the ceiling.

"Maybe I should just skip my morning routine and sleep in, after all, it is Saturday." She told herself as she turned on her side and closed her eyes tightly, forcing them to shut.

"No, no I should get up," her eyes shot open as she turned back to laying flat on her back, "Besides, if I ruin my routine today, I'll have a hard time getting back on track for a week." She told herself as she rose to her feet.

"All right, let's get started!" She announced to the empty room, as she smiled brightly, ready to start the day.

Stretching her arms with a slight yawn, she put her headphones in, realizing she was late to start her morning jog.

"I have to up my pace if I wanna make it back on time." She calculated as she put on her athletic wear, tying up her hair as she headed out the door.

Taking her usual path- which was around the park, up the hill, and back around the block using the path in the forest.

Lacing up her white shoes and slamming the door, Kareena was off. Jetting past the streets and the people who were up and driving to work, Kareena felt the breeze flow through her hair as she bounced through the forest. Huffing back, she made it back to her door, panting.

Checking her phone for the time, she smiled as she realized she was back on time. Walking in, she looked around, her headphones still in she pulled out her blender. Tossing fruits and some orange juice she blent it all together, humming along to the song that played in her ears.

As she drank her orange-coloured smoothie, she poured some for her sister before heading to her room and getting ready for the day.

Plugging in her phone to charge, she noticed a recent notification.

Hey Kari, I know it's your day off, but I was hoping you could come in and work the morning breakfast shift?

Her manager, Ben Harves, texted her.

Kareena had a total of three jobs, her last one being a waitress at Williams Cafe, her hours there were short, but hours nonetheless.

Kareena debated it in her mind as if it was a choice. Of course, she was going to take it, she had to. "At Least I'll be able to earn back the forty dollars I lost last night. So in a way, this ended up perfectly." She spoke to herself.

Give me thirty minutes.

After texting back, she headed for the shower to wash off the sweat that was stuck to her.

After a quick but very cleansing shower, Kareena exited the bathroom, steam following her out as she had a towel wrapped around her and her hair messy from shaking it.

As she was racing to get changed, she ran into her sister.

"What's the rush? I thought today was your day off?" She asked, neither of them mentioning last night's incident.

"It was. I just got called in, and well, I don't mind." She brushed it off with a smile before walking away, knowing that if she stayed any longer Samara would try talking her out of it, saying even she needed some rest.

Sporting a caramel brown sweater, she tucked it into her black waist pleated skirt. Flipping her hair to the side, she clipped the other side with big burnt orange clips. She grabbed her tote bag, the one she brings to all her jobs, before walking out the door.