Chapter Twenty-Three~ Birthday Errands

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 💎 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It had been a few days since Kareena's meeting with Mai. Every time after that point when the two had seen each other they had only exchanged pleasantries.

Kareena hadn't bothered to tell anyone, especially not Samara. She didn't know how any of them would react, so she kept it to herself and, of course, Maxine.

It was a normal day, Kareena was running from her stop at the subway station. She was going to be late regardless, but she rather not be later than she had to.

Rushing in, she was out of breath by the time she reached Sabrina's desk. Luckily, the owner of the desk had the cure to her terrible day in her hands.

"Coffee?" Sabrina offered, holding the iced coffee cup out to her. "It might make you feel better." She smiled before continuing, "Here is your coffee and one for Jin," she said, handing the two cups to her.

"Aw Sabrina, you didn't have to do that, this is really sweet of you" Kareena gushed thanking, her as she dusted her clothes. It took the iced coffee cup being in her hands to realize it was her regular order. "How do you know my order?"

"I was mumbling to myself, wondering what you would've liked when a barista heard me- said it was your favourite. Do you know everyone in this town?" Sabrina arched a blonde brow, looking down at the girl who was hugging her.

"No, just most." Kareena grinned, letting go and looking up at her. "Thank you again for the coffee."

"Please, you are the only employee who actually treats me like a human, unlike these people " she laughed

"Well, next time I'll grab coffee for you," Kareena promised. Rushing over to the elevator and knocking on the office door, Jin let her in.

"Come in, Miss Acharya." He gestured for her to enter, and she did

"Afternoon, Mr. Park." She said, setting the coffee on his desk, his hands were already full and he didn't make any effort to take it from her.

"Afternoon, Miss Acharya, I have left some documents on your desk. I would like you to review them then make a write-up for each of them." He asked.

"Of course, Mr. Park." She nodded, heading back to her desk to review the files.

It had only been over an hour before Kareena heard a voice that sent a chill down her spine.

Ignoring the gnawing feeling to get away, Kareena remained professional. "Afternoon, Mrs. Park, what can I do for you?"

Studying her face, Kareena felt a blush appear on her cheeks, not being used to having a direct gaze on her. After seconds of silence, she spoke up.

"You are very pretty, Miss Acharya, what brand of makeup do you use?"

Kareena blinked a few times before answering, "I'm not wearing makeup today, when I do, it's mostly clear lip gloss and some eyeliner.

Mai mumbled an 'interesting' before changing the subject completely. "I was wondering if my son was busy right now?" she asked

Kareena was happy about the change in topic. "No, not that I know of, he is in his office doing some paperwork, but I don't think he would mind having a visit from you." She answered with a smile before busying herself with the given paperwork.

Thanking her for the answer, Mai went in without a knock.

"Hello, mother." Jin greeted his mother, not bothering to look up from the documents in his hand.