eleven

Closer to you

For you." You grinned as you placed a big box full of pizza in Jungkook's arms.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, his eyes on the box for a short moment before searching your face with a blank expression.

"What is this? "

"Pizza."

"And why would I want it? "

You rolled your eyes at his indifference.
"Please. When was the last time did you eat pizza? Don't tell me that you don't know the pleasures of this world. Especially when it comes to food. Nothing can compete with pizza. "

Jungkook narrowed his eyes at your sudden radiance when talking about food.
"Don't tell me that by doing this you are actually hoping to get under my skin.
Please don't be that stupid." Jungkook rolled his eyes bored before letting the box slip from his hands down the floor with a loud thud.
"I am sure you can do better than this." He mocked you before turning around and taking off his shirt, preparing himself for bed.
"And by the way? I have been living in prison since I was 14. This should tell you something."

"You're such a snake. "

Your shoulders dropped. Yes. Of course. No one ever brought him a pizza or anything. And acting like a snake? What the heck?

Certainly, you wanted to get closer to him and make him like you...or something close to that. It was your job after all.
But you weren't doing this because you had to do it. You genuinely wanted to help him somehow. But this him, which you considered being the real one, was a real pain in the ass and hard to approach. It was obvious that he wasn't believing in people. Maybe he was disappointed too many times and now it was hard for him to give his trust to someone. Like he was protecting himself from getting hurt again.

As you were thinking about how to make those three pains in the ass to trust you, Jungkook was watching you with a small smile on his lips, eyes soft as he bit his bottom lip.
The way you pushed your bottom lip forward was too cute, and his body reacted to that. Without him even realizing.

Flashback

"You lied to me," You said to Mingyu as soon as you entered inside his office.

"I lied? Why would you say that? Lied about what? " Mingyu stared at you hard, not having a clue about what you were talking about.

"You told me that there were only two Jungkook."

"Yes. Why? Did you find something I don't know? "Mingyu asked you.

You raised your eyebrows as you were analyzing the man in front of you. "Tell me about those two Jungkook's. What are they like? " You changed the subject, suddenly wanting to know more.

Mingyu: One of them is like a little kid. I always had problems every time I would try to speak with him, searching for answers. But he just doesn't want to communicate. He keeps silent and, in the end, if I push things too much, he would start to cry and have episodes.
The other one is a total playboy. He sleeps with everyone. We had to change the girls who had him in their care because of that. He has a thing that without any doubt makes the girls obsess over him. Once he even had sex with a guard."

"He is rude, impertinent, scary, dangerous, a jerk, and most of the time he uses violence. We concluded that this one had to be eliminated as he represented the dark side of Jungkook and the one who killed his family. He has all the characteristics. "

You kept silent, but your mind was working. Why didn't he ever see the third Jungkook? You asked in your head. Maybe because he resembled the playboy just a little and they got confused? Sometimes even you needed time to distinguish a difference between those two.
Both were jerks, dangerous and frightening. But the playboy had something more. Something that was making you shiver in fear.

Thinking harder about it, you chose to keep silent for the moment. It will stay like this until you figure everything out by yourself.
"I will not give him his new medicine yet." You let Mingyu know.
"First I have to get closer to him and find out if indeed he killed his family and what was the motive behind that.
Although he is way stronger than I am, I am sure that that side of his will not let me stick a needle so easily into his neck. "

Mingyu nodded. He told you that he will stay out of this and let you manage everything by yourself.
However, he only gave you two months. Then, if he sees no changes, he will interfere.

" He needs long-term psychotherapy. We need to deconstruct the different personalities and unite them into one. With time, he could get better.
We tried to do that these last six years, but Jungkook didn't want to cooperate. None of them did actually.
So that's why maybe you will reach his heart somehow and perhaps change his mind and convince him to let us help him.
Although there are no medications that specifically treat this disorder, antidepressants, anti-anxiety drugs or tranquilizers somehow help to control the mental health symptoms correlated with it. So, you have to give him that, Y/N. It is really important.
If he will not let us help him, in the end, we will inject him that new serum. No matter the consequences may be."

You were standing there, under Jungkook's curious gaze while Mingyu's words hit your brain, again and again, giving you a headache.
You had to admit that you were desperate, and this boy was not helping you at all. And you still couldn't approach that playboy. Just by him looking at you in that way, you couldn't help but shiver. He was freaking you out.

"What do you want me to do? " You whispered out loud in the silent room.
Then your eyes searched his.

Jungkook was laying on his side, one arm bent, his hand supporting his head as he was looking back at you.
"Nothing. I never asked you to do anything for me."

"Why can't you accept me? Why don't you ask for help? Do you like living this way? Without even being able to control your own body? Living with the fear of asking yourself what the other you did? Or if you hurt anyone?"

"And what can you do? What is it... uh... Y/N, right? Do you want to trap the others and inject that thing into them? They won't allow you? Is that what this is about?"

"No. It's not about that. I just want to talk with each one of you and understand you. I don't want anything bad to happen to you. "

You pressed your lips together when he stood up and approached you with calculated steps.
The intensity of his dark gaze took your breath away.
You could read every emotion on his face as he was running his gaze over your face, his pupils dilated to the maximum. As if he was trying to understand your heart.
Then a small smile appeared on his face, his fingers suddenly tracing your cheekbone.
"Just stop. It's nothing you can do.
I asked help a long time ago and no one could do anything.
My brain is damaged. This is the reality of it. And your presence makes things worse."

You took a deep breath when his hand suddenly cupped your cheek gently, the warmth of his touch did things to your heart as you were staring into each other's eyes.
Then his face started to slowly lean in, his eyes never leaving your face as you were closing your eyes tightly, waiting. But you didn't feel his lips on yours, instead, his face was buried in your hair breathing you in.

Your heart was a mess, you could barely breathe.
You thought that the person in front of you was still Jungkook, but it wasn't like that.

The moment he cupped your cheek, his other side came to the surface. That side of him that you didn't like.

Flashback

Mingyu: Jungkook tried to commit suicide once. And we have to prevent it from happening again.