THE AFFAIR

alexandro romano's pov

One night I went to a bar with my friend sebastian. There were bands playing, it was crowded, and we casually struck up a conversation with a woman named gabriela montez. After an hour or so, sebastian decided to leave. He was tired, he didn't like the music, and, increasingly, gabriela and I were focused on each other. As he was leaving, he noticed that she and I had moved closer to each other, and he grinned at me just before he walked out the door.

gabriela and I talked more, drank more, talked more. We were now sitting side-by-side in our booth in the dark lounge. We began kissing. After a few minutes, she broke away and laughed.

"Is there anything I should know before I get smitten?" she asked, and I realized that she somehow hadn't noticed the ring on my finger.

I held up my hand and showed it to her. "Maybe this?"

Her smile changed. "Ah. Like I said, there had to be a catch."

She thought about it. "I'm having a good time hanging out."

We got more drinks. She stayed beside me in the booth, but we talked instead of making out. "I want to take you home with me," she said. I stroked her hair and kissed her again and said, "Sounds good to me."

"Really? How long could you stay?"

"I'd like to stay with you all night, if you want me to."

A few minutes later, I was standing outside the bar, phone in hand, calling home. "Hi darling," my wife said sleepily.

"Hi, sorry to wake you. I just wanted to let you know I probably won't be home tonight."

"Oh... Is it a late meeting again?"

"Yes, so don't wait for me ."

She laughed. "I love you."

"I love you, too. See you tomorrow."

The next day, I got a call from sebastian, "So, did you get with that gabriela woman last night?" he asked.

"Yeah," I replied, "I spent the night with her.meet me at my office.

"Do you need me to cover your ass with nicole? I can tell her you got drunk after the meeting to celebrate with the clients and crashed at mikes place."

"no need already told her that I would have a late meeting so she must not wait up," I replied. He was immediately alarmed.

"Shit, dude... How did she react,did she buy that stupid same story?"

She had no choice but to believe me she knows better she can never question me, am alexandro ramona.I make the rules she follows them no question asked

"do you know how lucky your are to have a wife like her"

"she is the lucky one to have alexandro ramona as her husband."

Pause.

"alex,what your doing is wrong man"

"How come?"

"It's just wrong."

Nicole was his friend too, Moreover, he was prepared to lie to her to help me get away with it. By telling her that am having a meeting while getting laid.

sebastian was married to my sister, and he never fucked around.he was always looking out for his sister inlaw my wife.

I don't know if she is awake yet its still quiet in the house.

"bye"

alexandro leaned back against his high-backed swivel seat and made a steeple with the tips of his fingers as he listened to the woman seated across from him.

To a stranger, it would seem as though his mind was a million miles away, but in truth, every nerve of him was alert, taking in and processing information swiftly.

Occasionally, he would swing towards the wall of windows behind him, staring out without really seeing the magnificent view of the dusky sky.

He rubbed at his jaw, grimacing as his fingers encountered the rough stubble of less than a day's growth of beard. No doubt, if he looked in a mirror, he would see the dark stubble on his chin - definitely needed to shave tonight before picking gabriela up for their dinner date or she would tease him endlessly about how much he resembled a Neanderthal.

The thought of gabriela made him smile slightly as he imagined how those lovely green eyes of hers would light up as she talked, her fair hair would no doubt be expertly styled, framing a face that was nothing less than perfect, with full bow lips and the way she carried herself like the classy socialite she was.

She would make the perfect wife for him. The perfect wife and a wonderful hostess to entertain his future business associates and clients.

he still had to go home and meet his wife nicole and the family, because they lived in a huge mansion with his family.he had to show up.if the wind of his affair would comeout it would ruin things for him the company.

nicole was the chosen wife for him by his family and he would lose everything his status in society.

He brought his mind back to the present and turned around to face his secretary. sasha pons was still engrossed in reading the financial reports, but alexandro had enough. Besides, he had already gone through the reports himself earlier and every single bit of information was stamped in his brain.

"Thank you sasha, I've got it from here." alexandro said, unfolding his lean length from the chair.

Remember to send a reminder to all staff about the meeting tomorrow morning. And draw up the proposal for the Landberg project. I want an estimate of the total costs as soon as possible."

"Yes sir. Will you be leaving now?"

alexandro grabbed his briefcase and headed for the door in quick strides. "Yeah. I need to go home and change my clothes, get some rest and I need a damn shave...again."