2

Melody and her mom had arrived on a friday afternoon, so she had the whole weekend to try and settle into her new home before having to face starting at a new school on monday. Her step father didn't seem so bad. He was quiet most of the weekend, and didn't bother Melody. He did kind of creep her out when she caught him staring a couple times. He did seem old fashioned compared to what Melody was used to. Frank came home from work, went to the living room and his arm chair to read the daily paper he actually still paid to be delivered to the home every morning. He read while enjoying a cocktail before dinner. Like he still lived in the 1950's. Her mom was weird around him, she was wearing an apron and cooking dinner when he arrived and brought out his cocktail smiling. Like she was a king on a throne. Goodbye women's rights and feminism Melody thought while rolling her eyes.

How the fuck did the guy stepford wife her mom so completely? And how long could her mom keep up the sweet charade she was parading around. Melody would bet not long, her mom's true nature would come out eventually and god help this poor bastard when that happened. Though maybe they deserve each other and are both more terrible under the surface than they appear she thought.

The brothers tried to include her in their weekend activities, inviting her out to hang out with them and their friends. She politely declined, spending most of her weekend in her room alone. Currently her own company was the only kind she could stand.

The weekend ended too quickly and Melody was not looking forward to going to school. Being the new girl. Senior year was not supposed to include the words new girl. She had a plan, it was all mapped out exactly how her life was supposed to go. But then her mom blew everything up and that plan died. Big picture now, she knew she needed to finish highschool, get good grades and as many scholarships as she could so she could start her real life as soon as possible.So she got herself ready monday morning, a cream chunky cable knit sweater paired with her favorite dark skinny jeans, and sturdy boots to handle the mud she was certain to need to walk through.

She brushed her wavy brown hair until it shone and fell gently to her shoulders. Next a light application of makeup, not enough to look like she was trying too hard, but enough to have that sweet girl next door vibe, finished with a quick sweep of a light berry stain on her lips. She thought she looked pretty cute but still casual. Perfect for the vibe she wanted to give off when making first impressions all day long. Giving her reflection one last nod of appreciation, she lowered the stairs, and went directly to the front door, hoping to escape to her bike before running into anyone.

Sadly the stairs made a lot of noise no matter how careful she was, so the boys heard her the instant she was moving to leave her room. They shared a car and were offering her a ride. She politely declined saying she wanted to take her bike to get used to the area, then brushing them off she walked through the door to her bike.

Melody loved her old fashioned beach cruiser bike. Painted baby blue with chrome details and white walled tires, it looked like it was from another time. She loved the functional basket hanging from the handlebars, loading it up with her bag, and lunch before mounting the bike and taking off down the country road.

The high school was only a 15 minute bike ride away, and the roads were easy to travel. She wouldn't mind having to bike herself to and from school as long as the weather was fine. It would give her time alone with her thoughts away from the suffocating house. When the winter storms hit she would need to reconsider, but for now the fall weather was beautiful for biking.

Watching her mom serve and cater to her newest husband was so strange. Beverly had never been this kind or giving towards Melody's father. She didn't like it, and something about Frank didn't sit right either, but he hadn't done anything untoward yet. It was just a feeling Melody had. She might also just be holding the father accountable for his gross, asshole panty stealing sons.

Melody arrived at the school well ahead of the first bell, she had to go to the main office and finish registering, get her class schedule, a locker, all the paperwork and whatever else they needed sorted. She locked her bike in the rack outside the door, unclipped her helmet, and hooked it to her bag as she strode confidently up the steps to her new school.

It took Melody even longer than she had planned to finish everything she had to do in the office. First period was already half over when the secretary set her free. Melody first went to her locker, dropping off everything she didn't need, and grabbed her notebook and pen before slamming the locker closed and heading to her first class, English and Language Arts.

Bursting into a class that was already half over was not how she wanted to start being introduced to her new peers, but somethings can't be helped. She managed to find the room indicated on her schedule and knocked on the door. The teacher stopped and looked at her through the small window in the door, glaring.

The teacher walked over, opened the door roughly before asking Melody what she wanted.

"I'm new, it's my first day. I'm supposed to be in this class?" She held up the schedule tentatively, first day, first class, first teacher and it was not going well.

"Ugh fine, they cram you guys in class rooms like sardines now. There's an empty spot next to the other new kid at the back, go join him." The teacher was already dismissing Melody. Waving her away with his hand, while he returned to his lesson. He hadn't asked her name or made her feel welcome at all. She scanned the room and saw that there was only one empty chair, next to a very tall, jacked and pretty blond guy.

Melody carefully wove her way around the edge of the class, heading towards the empty chair as she had been told to do. She could feel everyone's eyes on her as she walked, making her face turn red. She did not do well under pressure or when she was the center of attention. She just wanted to fade into the background.

She pulled out the chair, looking at the pretty guy beside her, he smelled really good, like the perfect cup of coffee and something fresh and clean. Her mouth watered and she had to shake her head to focus herself. She was not going to be drooling over the first nice looking guy she came across, she was better than that. Plus her heart was still torn open from being dumped right before the move.

The blond stiffened beside her and actively leaned away, keeping his body as far apart from her as the desks that were built for two would allow. Melody took a discreet sniff at herself, she smelled fine, so why did that guy look like she stank like last week's garbage? He almost looked like he was holding his breath while he grit his teeth and put as much space between them as possible in the cramped desk.

So much for the fantasy of having him deflower her that started playing in the back of her mind before coming to a jarring halt when she saw his reaction to her. That daydream was flushed away by how repulsed he seemed to be by her. That's fine. She is just here to get the diploma and then she is out of here forever. Probably better if she doesn't date or get attached to anyone.

The guy next to her was bolting from his seat seconds before the bell rang and already out in the hall long before Melody had finished gathering up her stuff. Eager to get away from her it seemed. It was hard not to take it personally.

(Hope y'all enjoy the not so subtle Twilight reference. Source of the OG hot werewolves because no one got all hot and bothered by Oz on Buffy)