30

Alexander was holding his weight up by his forearms, his body spent after all he did to ensure Melody was thoroughly pleasured before he sought his own release and marked her. She was passed out underneath him now. Her breathing slow and steady. His softening cock was still inside her, his mark on her neck. Of all the ways he had seen her, this moment, right now, was divine; she had never been more like a goddess in his eyes.

Reluctantly he withdrew himself from her slick core, holding the condom at the base as his dick to ensure it didn't slide off prematurely. Removing the used rubber and discarding it he walked to the washroom, getting a towel damp with warm water and another dry one, he returned to melody and cwiped her gently between her thighs, removing as much of her cum as he could before drying her off and tucking her deeply under the covers.

Alexander dropped the used towels in the hamper before cleaning himself off. He grabbed two water bottles, putting one by Melody, as well as the bottle of tylenol. He hadn't been gentle with her, he really hoped she wasn't going to be too sore tomorrow.

Thankfully it was a personal development day for the teachers and there was no classes at the high school tomorrow. So Melody could sleep as long as she needed. Alexander had heard that a claiming bite on a human could take quite a toll on them physically, many needing a long stretch of sleep to recover.

He hoped his feelings of pride, love, and adoration were somehow coloring her dreams. That she would finally know the depth of his feelings for her. He was desperate for her to wake up, so he could finally now her heart just as well as he knew his own. He had been longing for this moment for as long as he could remember. All Alexander had ever wanted in life, was his loving mate. He was one sleep away from finally feeling his dream come true completely.

It was better than any christmas. Better than the eve before his first shift. When Melody awoke he would feel her heart like it was his own. They would be one soul bound together for all eternity. When Melody awoke he would feed her the most perfect brunch. He had checked the kitchen while she slumbered deeply and saw that there was more than enough in the cabin for him to work with. Once she was fed, he would talk to her about going home during the gap between semesters, She could either finish school with his pack, or test out early. But either way, they could get some space and start to truly build their lives together.

Alexander smiled, his mother and sisters were over eager for him to return with his mate. Really they would only be happy if he arrived tomorrow. He wanted to make sure Melody was comfortable with everything. She had been through so much, and even though she looked like everything she carried was weightless, eventually something would push her past her limits. He didn't want to be the thing that broke her. So he was going to move at the pace she set, and keep his wolf in line.

Now that they had mated, and he knew that he would sense if she was in trouble and be able to find her he felt more at ease. His wolf had greatly enjoyed the intimacy with their mate and was sleeping soundly in the back of his mind. Flint was more content than he had ever been since Alexander had known him. That was the thing about wolves, they were reborn countless times, all sharing in the dream world of the wolves and moon goddess in between their life cycles. Humans were fleeting, Alexander wouldn't be reborn, but Flint had been reborn countless times, and would continue to be reborn as long as wolf shifters continued to be born, needing to be blessed with a wolf. Flint had always been eager to find his mate this life, in this time. Constantly uneased by Alexander and his less than chaste ways. 

Flint had known mates before, but he seemed to be extra happy with Melody, he liked her strength and her fierce heart. Alexander could find nothing in Melody that wasn't perfect. They were both devoted to her in every way possible. Just as it should be. It would be unreasonably rude to ask Fint about his previous lives and mates, but Alexander could feel his joy. It was heart warming that the eternal wolf could still melt like this for love.

Alexander stoked the fire, and made sure everything was ready for brunch tomorrow before he finally went back to Melody's still sleeping form in bed, and tucked her up into his arms to sleep. Their scents were already starting to meld together into one and it was hard for him to restrain himself from taking her again as his cock swelled. But she was unconscious, unable to consent. He would never do anything to hurt her and taking his pleasure from her sleeping body would be a gross violation. Instead he settled on gently brushing her shoulder with his thumb while he sniffed her hair to fall asleep with a smile on his face.

The next morning, Melody was still deeply asleep when Alexander awoke. He stayed next to her sleeping form as long as he could but her naked body pressed against his was too much for him to bear. She smelled so good, her body so soft and enticing against his own. He slipped out from under the covers naked to quickly shift just in front of the door to take a quick run. From what he had heard from others, humans took a while to recover, she would likely stay asleep for quite some time yet. At least that is what he reassured himself with as he took off at a run into the woods.

Forty five minutes later Alexander was deep in the wooded mountains, far from the cabin when Melody started to stir. Alexander felt her consciousness bloom to life inside his mind. He was caught so off guard he slammed face first into a tree trunk mid leap. Rattling his brain and making stars appear behind his eyes. He felt her emotions go from groggy sleepy nonsense, to satisfied, happy and content, which all made him enormously proud. Then, confusion, fear, and overwhelming sadness.

Fuck. She had given every part of herself to him, and was waking up alone. Like he had abandoned her. Fuck. Shit. Shit. Shit. Fuck. He tried to send every ounce of reassurance, and love he could through the bond. But all he got in return was more confusion and sadness. Why did he give in? Flint had even said they should wait for her, but Alexander hadn't thought he would run this long or that she would wake up that quickly. He was running home, a direct straight line from where he had been when she woke up, to the cabin where she was.

It only took him twenty minutes to get back to her. But he could feel as she sank further and further into her depression as he ran. He burst through the front door, still shifting back to human, naked as the day he was born, before running to her on two legs and falling to his knees at her feet where she sat on the bed.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't think you would wake up so quickly. I would have never left you alone if I thought you would wake up alone." His blue eyes were begging her to believe him, to give him another chance. He didn't mean to leave her alone, to break her heart like he had.

"Do you regret last night?" her voice broke as she asked him that ridiculous question, clutching the blanket around herself, turning away from him. He hated himself. He had ignored Flint and hurt Melody when that was the exact opposite of what he wanted to do.