42

"Mrs. MacDonald, where are we going?" Melody asked after losing count of the turns, twists, and stairs they had traveled. Each step taking her further away from her heart. She could close her eyes and turn her head and know she was facing him. It was nice to have the connection no matter what. He gave her strength.

"None of that dear, We're family. Call me Diana." Once again Melody was struck by how stupid attractive all supernaturals were. Alexander's mom hardly looked old enough to have a son nearly 20, let alone four daughters older than he was. Her ebony hair was cut in a severe pixie, leaving her bright blue eyes that were twins with Alexander's fully exposed as they took everything around in. "Now come along, we need to pick a dress first, set the tone before we pick flowers and other decor for Sunday."

Melody nodded, seemingly rendered mute. She was going to have the closest thing to a wedding she would have, in two days. She was going to be sealing herself to Alexander publicly forever. For some reason this seemed like a bigger deal than the claiming night had been. That had been private, a special moment for just the two of them. This was a show. A performance of the future Alpha, showing off his mate. Like a royal wedding, for werewolves based on her very rudimentary understanding of things. She wasn't ready for this, but If Alexander and his mother wanted it, she was already all in. She could put on a pretty dress for a day.

Finally they stopped walking, Diana opened the door in front of them, and there was an entire bridal salon set up in the room. A tiny lady with beautiful almond eyes swept up to Melody, eyeing her from head to toe. "You were right about the sizes Diana, I should have known better than to bet against you" the petite lady said to Diana, fishing in her pocket and handing a crisp twenty to Diana.

"Some day everyone will know that I'm always right and it's best to just accept it." Diana smiled that evil, powerful smile again. "Now Melody, what style of dress did you have in mind?" Both intimidating women turning to Melody. Who now felt very young, small, and underdressed in her sweats and canvas shoes while the impeccable styled in designer clothed women both looked at her expectantly.

"Ummm, Something with lace? Classic, more straight than ball gown. Some kind of sleaves? Nothing strapless." Melody said, realizing she did have some ideal what she wanted to wear when she told the world she was Alexander's and he was hers forever. The trio of women went to work, looking through the racks for dresses that might suit, followed by a narrowing down of options, and then over an hour of trying on dress after dress. But just like the stupid reality TV shows said, sometimes you put on a dress and you just know. Melody shed a tear when she looked at herself in the latest dress, and realised it was perfect.

Diana clapped her hands enthusiastically, "Splendid! Classic silhouette with modern touches. A good tone to set for the ceremony, now lets go look at flower arrangements!"

Melody was dragged all over the pack house, but in such a meandering way that she had no idea how to even find her way back to the front door. After picking her dress, discussing flowers in painful detail, picking colors, tableware, linens, and a dozen other things until her head was spinning. Melody felt herself fading, overwhelmed from the road trip with Alexander followed by the single day wedding planning.

"I don't feel so good." Melody said, just as everything started to go dark and she heard the door to the kitchen where they were trying cake fly open. Alexander's face was the last thing she saw, it looked like he was talking but she couldn't hear anything as it all went dark around her.

Melody awoke to the smell of a wood stove, peppermint tea, and Alexander. She hadn't opened her eyes yet, but she could feel that he was nearby. She smiled and stretched her arms up over her head, stretching her spine out as she arched her body, stretching from her pointed toes all the way up to her splayed fingers on her upraised arms. "What time is it? And how long until the wolf wedding world record planning sessions starts up again?" Melody asked the room, knowing he was close enough to hear her without seeing him.

"Planning is done, mom is taking care of everything now. You get to rest." She sat up as he handed her a mug of her favorite peppermint tea, instead of the coffee she usually took in the morning.

"Is it morning?" She asked again.

"Closer to noon now, but yes, it is Saturday morning." He looked sheepish, and he was hiding something from her.

"What aren't you telling me?" She looked into his eyes, she could feel it. He had a big secret.

"Um, the doctor came by to check on you after you fainted. Nothing is wrong it's just that..." He blushed. Alexander was blushing. What was it!?

"What! Just tell me!" her voice was raised and tense.

"Melody, You might be pregnant. It's barely there, but.." his smile was so tender, it melted her heart and calmed the million fears that had started to bubble up, "I can smell it. I think we're gong to have a baby." His body wrapped around hers, almost spilling the tea all over the bed.

"You are ok with this?" She was already feeling the embrace of anxiety filling her veins. Did he want this? Would he run away? Before she had moved Hannah, her friend since grade one had gotten pregnant accidentally and the guy had literally run so far he changed schools to avoid her. Melody had stayed with Hannah the night when she took the pills to end the very unwanted pregnancy. They had cried so many tears together that night. Melody didn't think she was ready to be a mom, but the thought of ending a pregnancy created out of her and Alexander's love for each other was too heartbreaking to her. If she was pregnant, she wanted this baby.

"You're kidding, right?! This is the best news in my life! Are you ok?! I know you wanted to wait for babies, but I want to have all the babies I can with you. " Alexander was kissing Melody, his hand resting gently on her belly. "Since I saw you in that first class, first I wanted to fuck you, then I dreamed of seeing your belly swell with my baby. I want a family Melody. This is all I ever wanted. You are making all my dreams come true. I just hope I can be everything you deserve in return for all you are giving me."