2: 7

Alexander left his first counseling session feeling better than he thought he would. He hadn't had a major breakthrough or revelation. Just having a safe place to talk about what was on his mind, to try and figure out all that wasn't right in his tangled feelings. It had helped. Now that he was doing it with purpose, to be better for Melody. He was motivated to try like he hadn't been before when a counseling session had been mandatory.

Looking back he recognised his youthful arrogance, his inability to move past outdated ideals. His father hadn't shied away from seeking help when he needed it. It was only Alexander and his need to try and please all members of the pack that had led him down this path. But a lot of those he was trying to maintain face for, disparaged Melody because she was human. Why would he let such narrow minded assholes dictate any part of his life? He knew better. Melody deserved better and he was now resolved to do better.

He was eagerly waiting for the time to go and pick up his daughter before sending Melody on her way to have fun, with normal human girls. With people she seemed to genuinely be happy around. He wanted that for her. He had been stupid to keep her close, only able to interact with wolves when she wasn't one, and sadly there weren't any other human mates her age around right now on his relatively small pack. Raven had plans to encourage growth. But Alexander hadn't had a mind for it yet. He wasn't ready for a big project like growing the pack, even if it was what was needed.

He had languished most of his day until it was finally time to go and pick up Ansley. He was happy to go out in his latest jeep, and matte black this time, custom finish. He liked the contrast with the caramel leather interior. Though it was hard to appreciate the interior when the back seat was covered in one large blanket cover, and then two individual car seat protectors on top of the blanket. He had had no idea how messy babies and toddlers could be. Melody had made most of her own spending money baby sitting before she moved and was well versed in such things. Thank the goddess above, because he was clueless.

He had truly been grateful for her prepardness the first time James got car sick and vomited all over everything in the back seat. He regretted ever arguing with Melody that all the extra covers were not necessary. He had to eat his words as Melody had been able to easily take everything apart to wash it, and put it back together like it was nothing, showing him that all her preparations had protected the interior of his ride perfectly. It had been like an intricate stage show, Alexander had watched her perform as everything went from a gross mess in his jeep, to taken apart. Then washed, then put together seamlessly. Melody was truly a wonder.

As always, he loved taking the high ride jeep out on the roads, it wasn't the same as running on his own feet with the wind in his fur, but it was still very nice. He listened to classic rock on the radio as he drove down the familiar road into the city. He realized as he was driving that he hadn't just been keeping Melody on the pack lands, he had been keeping himself there too. He couldn't remember the last time he had actually gone out.

Now that he was starting to gain some perspective, he was shamed by how he had let himself get twisted in his own thoughts and fears for so long. He could feel Flint now, who was radiating a sense of smugness so loudly it was impossible to ignore. Of course the wolf had known better all along, and had been forced to reach out to Melody to help him before Flint ended up recalled by the Goddess. If Alexander had let that happen, if his own inability to move on had taken Flint from Melody and he lost his wolf half forever he knew it would have killed him. Leaving his children to grow up without a father and a mother who wouldn't be prepared when their shifts came.

Thankfully Flint and Melody were just as close as Melody and Alexander. Neither were going to let that happen. Alexander could already feel the separation that had grown between him and Flint grow smaller as his mind cleared from the funk he had been trapped in. With a smile on his face he started to look forward to seeing Melody before she went with Delia. Cyrus would be in a car following not far behind, and would stay near the entire time in case something happened, while Guillermo would be the secret eyes in the sky following security camera footage around town. She was going to be perfectly safe.

Alexander did wonder if Melody knew what kind of club she was going to tonight. He thought she must not. It would be very much unlike her to keep a secret like that. He hoped Guillermo could find a security camera angle that would catch her face when she realized where she was. Melody wasn't a prude, they had become rather adventurous in bed together he thought fondly with a smile on his lips. She was very private and reserved outside of their bedroom, and had only ever been with him.

He didn't have anymore time to ponder how Melody was going to react to spending her night at a sex club as he had arrived at the school. He parked the jeep and made his way into the main building where they had agreed to meet. He walked into the atrium, standing tall as he scanned the room and scented the air. He could smell Melody and turned his head just a little to see her sitting on a bench in a window, with Delia beside her as Melody bounced Ansley on her knee. The happy baby had her eyes locked on Delia the entire time.

Alexander walked over to them, and caught Ansley as Melody bounced her up, tossing her gently into the air for him to catch her again as he brought her in for a hug. The small brave girl giggling wildly as she snuggled into her fathers chest. Melody and Delia were both smiling at him as he stopped snuggling his daughter, Melody rose from the bench, and handed over Ansley's diaper bag to Alexander. She leaned up on tiptoes, and kissed his lips, going over all the basics he needed to know for tonight while the group made their way out the doors. Cyrus, twenty paces behind them.

Alexander noticed something odd about Delia's scent, it wasn't something he could place right now, and he trusted Guillermo when he said she was clear. So he did his best to not dwell on it. Melody helped buckle the feisty infant into her car seat in Alexander's jeep, while Alexander stood just beside her, letting his hands skim over his body while she worked.

He was going to miss her tonight. She would come home, late, maybe a little drunk, and hopefully a little lusty after seeing a show at Club Red. He was looking forward to that as he kissed her one last time, before Delia took her hand and ushered her away to her own car. Alexander headed back to the pack land, classic rock playing as he sang along while Ansley babbled happily in the backseat and played with her toes after kicking off her shoes.