Chapter Two

*Lyra's dress

LYRA
________

"Oh my god. I am so sorry," the girl on the other side quickly apologised. "I didn't think anyone would be in here."

Her scent told me she wasn't from my pack. Plus, my members didn't dare barge in to their Alpha and Luna's bedroom in the manner that this stranger had.

"Did you need anything from this room?" I asked her, curious to know what business she had in mine and Alexander's room.

The girl widened her eyes and scanned the room quickly before shaking her head. "No. I, erm, I'm just lost. I was looking for the bathroom."

My wolf growled loudly, but I tried to keep her suppressed, not wanting to scare the girl in front of me. My wolf found everyone unfamiliar a threat. And she most definitely did not believe this stranger. Who would confuse a bedroom for a bathroom? But this was supposed to be a good day, and I couldn't doubt every stranger I met.

Getting lost was normal, especially in an unfamiliar territory.

Smiling, I turned my focus on the brunette before me. "That's okay. The bathroom is down the hall to the right."

The girl gave off a strange vibe, but I put that down to the fact that she was from another pack. Though, taller than me, she didn't appear a threat.

I brushed it off as nothing, realising I was probably being a little crazy. The girl was here for tonights ceremony, that was all.

Without muttering another word, the girl scurried away. She glanced back at me a couple of times before she disappeared out of my vision.

Shaking my head, I closed the door and tried to brush off the weird feeling coursing through my body.

How odd.

My thoughts remained on the girl even after she was long gone.

It would be my first time holding this ceremony and my first time meeting wolves from other packs. Perhaps, that's why I was feeling on edge. I was nervous, and not used to this feeling.

But I wasn't afraid.

Becoming Luna to the largest pack in the country had its challenges and I overcame many hurdles to get to where I was today. I was no longer the timid girl that I used to be.

I carried Alpha blood in my veins and I was a Luna, and a damn good one at that. Nothing could phase me anymore. I was also very comfortable with my wolf and knew her like the back of my hand.

"Am I interrupting something?"

At his familiar voice, my thoughts vanished and I snapped my head to find my mate standing by the door. His presence alone made my racing thoughts disappear.

Alexander was dressed in a black tuxedo suit with a slim tie, looking breathtaking as always.

"No, of course not. Come in," I told him, as if he needed permission.

My mate arched a brow and stalked towards me. Once near me, he wrapped his arms around my waist. "You alright, baby?"

I nodded. "Just the usual pre-ceremonial nerves," I explained, trying to conceal my thoughts.