Chapter Twenty Four

LYRA
________

Josie was almost near me when I finally snapped out my daze and moved to the side, causing for the wolf to tumble across the room.

I held my hand up to still Zynthéa and Ava who were ready to interject. I could handle Josie by myself, and didn't really want to kill her because I knew the girl was acting out on emotions with revenge as her goal.

"What are you doing?" Zynthéa hissed behind me, confused.

"Just kill her already," Ava chimed in, her brows furrowing as she pointed to the brunette across from us.

Josie was snarling loudly, her canines sharp and exposed. She was not happy.

"Josie, I don't want you to end up dead like your sisters," I told her, my voice low and calm. "Leave whilst I allow you to."

'Over my dead body will I allow her to leave alive.'

I growled aloud at Ava for the words she had mind-linked me. I didn't appreciate that she was fighting me with this. Not only did I not want to kill Josie, but I also didn't want to appear like a weak Luna— killing a wolf because of emotions.

I didn't have time to ponder on further thoughts, when Josie charged towards me again. Except this time, Zynthéa leaped forward and shifted, shoving the girl on to the ground, harshly.

Josie whimpered but quickly jumped back on her four legs. Zynthéa went to attack the girl again but Josie quickly dodged her. She had definitely trained hard in the months that she had planned her revenge.

"Josie," I called her again, trying to reason with her one last time. "You have got to stop. Right now."

Josie snapped her head in my direction, her eyes completely black. She growled loudly, before advancing towards me at full speed.

At the same time, I shifted as a dreadful feeling coursed through me. My wolf was furious, she wanted to tear Josie apart.

I was about to attack Josie, when someone nudged me aside with much force, causing for me to tumble right in to Zynthéa. Before I could comprehend what had happened, a loud cry escaped from Josie.

I snapped my head in her direction, and watched with panicked eyes as my mate tore the girl apart. I hadn't even realised that Alexander was here. He looked furious.

Once he was done with Josie, his head snapped in my direction.

A low gasp escaped my lips at the sight of him. His canines were proposed, and covered in blood. His eyes were black.

'Shift.'

Even in my wolf form, I frowned at him.

But when I saw him shift, I pulled away from Zynthéa and immediately did as instructed. Alexander rushed over and attacked me in his embrace, inhaling my scent deeply.

His hold on me was extremely firm, hardly making me able to move a muscle. His nails dug in to my waist, and his breath fanned my neck.

I was taken aback but nevertheless cautiously wrapped my arms around his tensed naked body.

"We're leaving," was all my mate grunted, before grabbing my hand in his and lead us away.