Chapter Fifteen

LYRA
________

My piercing emerald green eyes glistened as I glanced at my reflection in the mirror.

Alexander appeared behind me, smiling proudly down at me. "My beautiful Luna," he murmured, before dipping his head down to place a soft kiss on my exposed shoulder.

Inhaling a deep breath, I turned my head to glance at him over my shoulder. "Do you think they will like me?"

My mate smirked, before placing a lingering kiss on my cheek. Pulling back, he beamed, "They will love you, baby."

Taking a deep breath and exhaling loudly, I nodded, trying to calm my nerves. Alexander was introducing me to his pack today. I hadn't done anything wrong to his pack, to our pack, and had to remind myself that I wasn't the enemy, my old pack had been.

Alexander was right, they shouldn't hate me. And if they did, I would just prove myself to them. Plus, many wolves from this pack belonged to my old one anyway.

When my mate tugged at my hand and guided us towards the entrance of the pack venue, I gripped on to his hand tightly for support, grateful to know he was always by my side.

"Ladies and gentlemen, if I can have your attention briefly," Alexander spoke in to the mic after attending the stage, receiving a loud cheer from the big crowd of wolves. "As you may have heard, I have found my Luna."

The crowd cheered even louder at the mention of my existence and I had to inhale sharply, trying to calm my nerves, in hopes that they wouldn't hate me once they found out who I really was.

Alexander held his arm out for me to walk on to the stage. "Rather than finding out later, I will tell you that she came from Pale Moon," he told the crowd.

The wolves erupted in to gasps and low whispers amongst themselves, making me want to turn back and not stand before them. But Alexander's voice calmed my wolf and made us approach him.

"I need you all to know that she is not and has never been the enemy. Like many of you, my Luna did not belong in that pack in the first place," Alexander told the crowd, as he snaked an arm around me. "I wish for you all to accept her with open arms and see how good of a Luna she will be to you."

The crowd hesitated but eventually ended up cheering, surprising me completely. I leaned in to Alexander as I let my eyes roam over the audience, feeling so grateful to know they didn't hate me completely.

After speaking with a couple of wolves, they made me realise perhaps the pack would quickly accept me as their Luna. They seemed so nice, beyond what I imagined it would be like.

"I told you," Alexander murmured when we were alone, watching the crowd of wolves mingle amongst each other. "They love my girl."

Leaning my head back in to his shoulder, I smiled, realising how nice this felt and how promising our future seemed. But before I could utter another word, someone else spoke.

"Alexander," a voice came from behind us, making us both pull away and snap our heads in the direction of the intruder.

"Mother," my mate responded, his voice stern.

I glanced at the slightly older lady, her blonde hair falling on to her shoulder, with dark piercing blue eyes as she glanced at me. There was a slight resemblance to my mate but not much.