Chapter Thirty Two

ALEXANDER
____________

I shifted to my wolf the second that I left my Luna. My wolf urged for us to turn back and keep her in our embrace, but I knew this was good for her.

Seeing her all week so closed off and heartbroken, completely broke me. I wanted to take her away from the pain, take her away from here. But we were the leaders of this pack, and the only thing that I could do was comfort her.

When I had first told her about the loss of our pup, after she had woken up from the accident, she had screamed and cried for hours. She had claimed that the pup died because of her ignorance and not drinking enough fluid.

The memory pained me and I almost turned back around to go find her, but I forced myself to keep moving.

My mother was still in our territory, and I made sure she remained until I had a chance to speak with her. I didn't tell Lyra that I was going to go speak with her because she was only now appearing better, actually agreeing to go for a run with Jaxon, when she had rejected everything else all week.

In the past week, I had held back from going to see my mother because Lyra had been my priority. Making sure my Luna was okay was my biggest concern. And now that she had taken up on Jaxon's offer, I felt that she was slowly easing back to her life again after such a traumatic experience.

I snapped out of my daze once I reached the small cottage that belonged to my mother. Quickly, I shifted back to my human form and grabbed a pair of shorts from the cabinet next to the house.

Without knocking, I burst through the door, finding the woman by the window with a cup of tea in her hand.

"Son, you're here," she said, pursing her lips. "Come, take a seat."

Narrowing my eyes at her, I shut the door behind me before doing as instructed. "My Luna almost died last week," I snarled, trying to keep my wolf at bay.

My mother swallowed hard, before placing the cup down on to the coffee table. "I am aware," she stated, her eyes hard. "How is she doing?"

I scoffed. "Don't act like you care about her."

My mother's brows furrowed, she gaped at me in shock. "What? Alexander, of course, I care!"

Clenching my jaw, I blurted, "Yeah? Is that why you have not bothered to visit her even once?"

The woman blinked, dumbfounded. "I suppose, I should have visited," she agreed, clearing her throat. "I did not want to make her feel uncomfortable."

Sighing, I ran a hand over my face before I turned my focus back on her. "I am not here to speak about my Luna," I told her, sternly. "I am here to hear the truth from you. You are going to tell me everything."

My mother narrowed her eyes at me. "Tell you what exactly?"

"Whatever the hell that happened that night," I snapped. "I am aware that you played a big role on that day."

"Now, Alexander—"

"You will tell me the truth," I interjected, using my Alpha tone, making my mother completely cower back in shock. "Mother, please, I have dealt with enough."