Chapter Twenty

ALEXANDER
______________

"Relax, you are still alive."

Narrowing my eyes, I watched in utter confusion as my mother attended to the she-wolf that had tormented me in the past.

The brunette, with wide eyes nodded at my mother, her teeth clenched together. Her and my mother had never been very fond of each other, and seeing them together right now made me curious.

My mother turned around to face me. "You will never do that again," she warned, her eyes cold. "I didn't raise you to be like that."

I fought the urge to snap back at the older woman, wanting to tell her that she had done everything but raise me. Instead, I ignored the inner turmoil within me.

"Mother," I said through gritted teeth. "What are you doing here?"

My mother pursed her lips. "Dear, I couldn't miss the party your missus was hosting," she responded, shrugging. "Seems as though, I still managed to show up late."

My brows knitted together at her words. "You came for the ceremony," I repeated, sternly, hardly believing my ears. "You don't care for pack ceremonies, Mother."

The woman snarled. "Are you saying that I am lying right now, Alexander?"

Sighing, I rubbed my index finger over my temple in frustration. "No, of course not."

"Very well then, son," she continued, pleased with my answer. "Jessica, darling. I want to say that I am surprised to find you here but since I am not, I will not say that," the older lady told the brunette, her voice filled with authority, as if to prove her rank.

The brunette appeared frozen in shock, her gaze lowered as she sat there on the ground by a tree, her jaw clenched.

"I will leave quietly," the brunette said in a panic. "Please. I don't want any issues."

My mother burst out laughing at the mere wolf's words, an evil laugh that made a rare appearance. I frowned as I awaited for the woman who had birthed me to compose herself, not understanding what the hell was going on.

"Now, dear," she said after composing herself. "After coming all the way here, it would be quite the waste to leave without telling my son, wouldn't it now, Jess?"

The wolf in question turned her gaze on me in shock, her dark eyes told me she was furious. I narrowed my eyes at her, surprised to find her hold my gaze. The girl had no ounce of respect for anyone.

"Don't you want to know, Alexander, my dear boy?"

At my mother's words, I snapped my head in her direction.

"I am not interested in anything related to her," I spat, my voice hard and cold. "Mother, guide her out of my territory for I don't know what will happen if she doesn't disappear out of my sight."

My mother guarded me with icy cold eyes. "You must have forgotten who I am," she warned, her eyes narrowing. "Do not speak to me in that manner, Alexander."

"Mother," I said, warningly.

The woman held her hand up to signal that I remain quiet, making my wolf growl loudly at the disrespect.