Chapter Four

*picture of Evan

LYRA
________

My heart flipped a couple of times in my chest as I watched the stranger practically eye-fuck my fiancée. He was very good looking, but no one dared to look at him with such intense eyes.

No one but me.

I was grateful when Alexander paid no attention to the guests, meaning he wasn't paying attention to this girl. I wasn't the jealous type, or at least I thought I wasn't. But something about this girl was putting me on edge. My wolf hated her guts.

When Alexander snapped his head in my direction and grinned, I couldn't help but return a smile of my own. He was perfect.

'My Luna, care for a quick dance?'

I bit my bottom lip and as tempting as my mate's offer was, I shook my head. I wanted to spend some time with Zynthéa and Luca, seeing as we hardly saw each other these days.

'Aunty duties call.'

Alexander had the audacity to chuckle at my words, but he sent me another message telling me that he loved me before he returned his attention back to the men around him.

I used this time to glance at the mysterious brunette to see her reaction, and to my shock, her eyes remained on my mate.

When Luca fell asleep, I was about to ask Zynthéa if she knew the brunette that had taken an interest in my mate, but Ava rushed over in that exact moment, interrupting us.

"You have to come and see this," Ava exclaimed, coming to stand in front of me, blocking my view of the mysterious girl.

"What is it?" I asked Ava, concerned when I saw her expression.

Her eyes were wide and she looked pale. "It's Jaxon."

Immediately, I stood up from my chair. "What about Jaxon? Is he okay?"

Ava nodded hesitantly, before she cleared her throat. "He, um, I think he's found his mate."

"What?" I yelled, subconsciously.

"Yeah, I saw them, and I quickly ran here," Ava explained, using her hands to express herself.

"Where is he?" I asked in pure shock.

But before Ava could respond, my mate rushed over and quickly claimed me in his arms. "Baby, is everything alright?"

I put my hand on his arm to steady myself. "Jaxon found his mate," I said in a whisper, shocked.

"Isn't that what you wanted?" Alexander asked in return, confused.

"Yes," I gasped.

"This is really happening," Ava commented, her own voice hardly above a whisper.

"I don't understand. Why are you ladies upset at the news?"

Ava and I turned to Alexander at his question, but neither of us spoke. He didn't know Jaxon like we did and how much we had prayed for this moment. We were far from upset, but before I could tell him that, his sister pulled through.