Chapter Fourteen

ALEXANDER
_____________

"My Luna is coming to introduce the new she-wolves today," I warned Dyami and Adam as I scanned through the documents in my hand.

"Of course, Alpha," Adam replied.

Dyami arched a brow. "Is today a good day for the new wolves to train?"

I scanned the rest of the documents before quickly closing the folder shut and handed it to Adam.

Turning to my beta, I questioned, "Why wouldn't it be?"

Dyami shrugged. "Alpha Jensen and a couple of other Alpha's are still around," my beta elaborated. "They wanted to have dinner with everyone tonight before they depart."

"That will go ahead as planned. What's the problem?"

Dyami glanced around the training grounds. "I think the new fighters should rest up today, get to know the other wolves from outside of the pack."

Adam glanced between my beta and I, but didn't utter a word.

"They have been resting for the past couple of days, Dy," I told my beta. "Training is important. I don't want to waste time knowing we could get attacked at any point, especially right now when we have wolves from other packs in our territory."

Dyami seemed to be considering my words, and only nodded to signal that he was agreeing with me.

"You're right," he told me. "I will go ahead with training for now then. Alpha."

With a quick bow, the boy attended to the fighters waiting eagerly. Adam scurried away, following behind the beta. I shook my head as I glanced at the two best fighters in my pack.

Dyami had turned soft ever since he had become a father, and I put that down to the lack of time he had for his family. It made him appreciate his family more and I knew he wished he could see them more often.

I made a mental note to let him have a few days off after the new wolves had been trained. It was a crucial time of the year, where the number of Rogues peaked highest around this time. Many pups shifted for the first time around this time of the year, and quite a few would rebel against their packs.

The morning training passed by smoothly. My fighters were the best in the country, and I was very proud of them indeed. They worked very hard and deserved to be praised.

I was occupied with examining the wolves in training, when I caught the brunette in the distance.

Narrowing my eyes, I exhaled deeply as my wolf growled. I rubbed my hand across my temple, not wanting to deal with her right now. I was surprised to know she was still in my territory.

"You alright, man?" Dyami asked, bringing my focus on him.

Clearing my throat, I nodded once. "I will take my leave early. Let me know if anything happens," I told him, leaving him confused as I leaped away from the training grounds.

Dyami tried to call after me but I ignored my beta, as I attended to the female that my wolf wanted to shred to pieces.

Grabbing a hold of her arm, I pulled her as far away from the training grounds as I possibly could, walking fast until we had reached a hidden clearing.