Chapter Twenty Nine

ALEXANDER
_____________

"Mother."

My mother snapped her eyes towards the car before she turned her gaze on me. Anger flashed through her dark eyes, but I didn't back down and stepped right before her.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, trying to keep my wolf at bay.

The woman narrowed her eyes at me. "Alexander," she said warningly.

I sighed loudly. "What do you want this time?"

"I beg you pardon?" the woman responded, dramatically, appearing offended. "You do not speak to your mother in that manner!"

Scoffing, I said, "Mother? Tell me one time when you fulfilled your role as one!"

The woman frowned, her eyes scanning mine. "You are doing this because of her, isn't it?"

When she nodded towards the car where my Luna was, I growled lowly at my mother.

"That woman," I snarled, pointing towards the car. "Is my Luna. You will respect her."

The woman before me huffed. "I will respect her the day you respect me. I am your mother."

I nodded. "I am not here to argue with you," I told the woman that birthed me. "My Luna needs to rest. This conversation is not over, I will find you later."

My mother growled, her canines appearing. "I am more important than that girl, Alexander."

I glanced at her, dumbfounded.

I knew my mother had lost her way after my father's death, but the way she portrayed herself as weak and immature, made my blood boil.

Lyra was my Luna. She was my mate. She was the only woman that I could ever accept in to my heart, and want to. Yet, my mother acted as if she was just a mere wolf that I was messing around with.

"Mother," I said, lowly, my voice hard and cold. "Please, take your leave."

The woman glared at me with dark eyes, before she crossed her arms. "You think your father would have liked this attitude?"

At the mention of my father, I completely froze. My wolf whimpered and wanted dominate, but I glanced at the woman before me with hard eyes.

The last five hundred times that she had tried to manipulate me by mentioning my father, I had fallen for her words. But now I knew her tactics, and for once, instead of feeling sad, I was feeling frustrated.

"You have no right to talk about him," I growled at her, trying to keep my voice stern. "I will only tell you once more to leave."

The woman reached her hand forward and with as much force as possible, she swung it across until it made impact with my cheek.

I scoffed, feeling a slight sting at where she had hit, but nevertheless, turned my eyes back on her. Her eyes were charcoal and intense, she was furious.

"How dare you!" she bellowed. "I came here because your beta said you were doubting me, but now I can see it is because of her."