Chapter Thirteen

LYRA
________

At the confirmation, it felt as though someone had ripped my heart out of my chest. Zynthéa had told me my mate hadn't been with anyone prior to me. Did she know about this too?

I knew it sounded fishy from the moment she had told me that Alexander did not have an ex-lover. With his looks, of course he wasn't a damn virgin.

But to find out about it now, and to have the bitch who got to take his virginity enter my territory and try to hit on him again, that infuriated me.

Beyond everything that I had learned, I was extremely disappointed in my mate who had lied to me about her. He had blocked me out for her, protected her from my attacks and had gone behind my back to see her. All that effort for her.

I thought I was more important to him, as his mate, compared to the bitch from his past. Every emotion that a wolf could feel coursed through my veins, I was overwhelmed and going completely insane.

I had just taken a step to leave, finding myself suffocated by being in the same room as him, when my mate grabbed a hold of my arm.

"Lyra, listen to me," he urged, trying to pull me to him.

"Let go," I warned, dryly. "I'm not dealing with you right now, Alexander. Go fuck her for all I care."

Alexander growled at my words. "Don't be ridiculous," he snapped, making me tilt my head up to glare at him in shock.

"I'm the one being ridiculous?" I growled, angrily. "You know what? Screw you and that bitch."

Sighing, my mate wrapped his arms around me before murmuring lowly, "Baby, you're only hurting yourself by jumping to conclusions."

"Let me go," I snapped as I yanked my hand out of his grasp.

"I will give you some space," he said, releasing me completely. "When you have calmed down, I will explain everything. It doesn't appear as though right now is a good time for that."

I had to fight the urge to snap at him, itching to hurt him, hating what he was putting me through. With every ounce of energy in my body, I strutted towards the door, stopping at the doorway.

Glancing over my shoulder, I muttered, "And when you have your priorities straight again, come lead your pack. Until then, I will do my part as their Luna. You may have your priorities elsewhere, but let me remind you that you have a whole fucking pack relying on you."

As soon as the words had exited my mouth, I darted away from the room and exited the pack house, needing much time alone.

Alexander swore under his breath before I left, but made no attempt to chase after me. He knew he had screwed over, and was probably contemplating on what to do next. He claimed that I needed space, but he probably needed it more than I did.

Everything that was happening was because of him and his selfish needs. I was not going to wait around for him to decide who he should prioritise, me or the brunette from his past. At the moment, it was clear who was his priority.

Anger, frustration and sadness coursed through me as I tried to suppress more tears that threatened to spill.

Frankly, I wasn't even sure if we could recover from this. They shared a past. She had barged in to our room looking for him. The thought made me sick to my stomach and the threatening tears that I so hard tried to suppress finally trailed down my cheeks.

God, I was an idiot.

My mate had made me look so stupid, giving her his time of the day, actually attending to what she had to say knowing damn well they shared a past. It baffled me that he had taken an interest in her when he had me.

There could be no possible reason why he needed to be around her, to the point he had to hide her existence from me. He could have been honest from the moment he had seen her again instead of lying to me about her.

If the roles were reversed, and I was approached by a male wolf, this would have never been acceptable. So why should it be when it came to him messing around with females from his past?

Then it dawned on me that there could be more than one. How many of them were there? What else was he hiding from me?

As my mate, and the Alpha, I thought or assumed, he had more willpower than that when it came to she-wolves despite them being from his past. But clearly, I was wrong.

He had blocked me out for her, for God's sake. Her. The damn woman from his past had made feel threatened in my own territory, because of my mate. Because of the one person that I was supposed to be able to rely on completely, the one that supposedly loved me unconditionally. 

I wasn't sure where I was headed, but I found myself running fast in my human form. With each thought crossing my mind, I picked up my pace in an attempt to rid of the anxiety that coursed through my bones.

My wolf was torn to billion pieces, and I didn't want her to exert herself by having her shift. She needed to process what was happening, since she had been silent all along. This really took a toll on her.

When I approached the training grounds, I hadn't realised how little energy I had remaining. My body was completely exhausted.

Dyami noticed me, and at first he bowed his head respectfully until he must have caught a glimpse of the state that I was in.

Frowning, he rushed over. "Are you alright? You don't look so good."

I nodded but before I could respond, I ended up losing my balance and was about to fall flat on my face when Dyami caught hold of my hand and steadied me.

I yelped as I crashed in to his chest. "Sorry," I mumbled before standing up straight, not understanding why I felt so weak.

Dyami reguarded me with concerned eyes. "What happened?"

Gulping loudly, I shook my head. "Nothing, I'm just tired. I will leave you to train alone today, doesn't seem like the Alpha will be attending to his post. So, if you don't mind, Dyami, take care of my people and have Adam assist you."

The beta narrowed his eyes at my words, but nodded instantly. "Of course, Luna. That's no problem. Are you sure nothing has happened? You seem a little on the pale side."

Waving him off with my hand, I replied, "Don't worry, I'll be just fine."

Dyami didn't seem convinced, but bowed at once as he attended back to the fighting wolves. He kept stealing glances as he looked back at me, checking to make sure that I was alright.

My wolf howled sadly, making her appearance, not appreciating that our mate hadn't even been as concerned as the beta, and she whimpered lowly. I was sad for her, not able to comfort her like I wanted to.

I could hardly comfort her with the anger coursing through my veins. She was upset, but I was furious.

My focus had been on my wolf, not realising that lack of energy had consumed me and I was slowly tumbling down on to the ground, until Dyami's booming voice echoed in the area.

"Luna!"

The last thing that I saw before darkness engulfed me, was Dyami and a couple of other wolves rushing towards me, but my eyelids shut on their own accord before I could comprehend what was happening.

One thing for sure; I would probably never forgive Alexander for putting me through this.