♥︎ 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒

°˖✧✿✧˖° kennedy °˖✧✿✧˖°

Driving through the city was amazing. I usually walked and had to keep my attention on all of the people and make sure I was going the right way but in the car, I could look up. That's the one thing my dad told me before I left for Edinburgh- don't forget to look up. He wasn't wrong. The skyline was stunning in the city and it blew me away every time. I could feel Lia's hand in mine and her thumb made circles on the back of my hand. I appreciated her so much. I looked over and saw her head in her phone. She'd been looking up for ten years so I suppose her wonder for the city had gone down. Not only that but she knew it like the back of her hand, she could walk from one side of the city to the other with her eyes closed if she needed to! Her book series was set in Edinburgh too. It made sense due to the immense history that the city holds.
Her book series followed a family which was once incredibly popular and famous within the city but now the living generation are not popular and just normal people. In the first book, some ghosts of the old family visited them, resighting the family's forgotten values but then when one of the family were killed, the ghosts started to help and practically solved the case. The books then follow the 'unforgotten ones' helping the twins of the family solve all of these crazy murder mysteries throughout the city. Her series was incredible and it just - it was like a Sherlock Holmes adaptation but so much better.
"Are you alright munchkin?" She asked me, glancing at me. She knew I was looking at her. I nodded and carried on looking out of the window. I was alright, more than alright. Lia came into my life at a time I least expected it. Although I told Josie and Juniper we met on Tinder, it was a huge lie. I had a tumblr account for my little side and she had a caregiver one- well more of a writing one but she followed a few littles- me being one of them. In the lead up and process of moving, I was hardly active and she noticed my missing presence and would message me but then when I got settled in with Annie, I posted a picture of the castle in which she messaged me the view from her kitchen. After that, knowing we were close to each other, our relationship just sparked.
A few weeks after me being here, I accidently bumped into her whilst grocery shopping. We'd shared snapchat with each other so I knew who she was immediately. Although I'd been talking to her for a while, it was crazy to see her in person so I froze and ghosted her for a good few days until she walked into my bookshop. I couldn't avoid her then and we hugged and stayed hugging for a good three whole minutes! Then, the rest was history. What I adored about my relationship with Lia though was- well a few things. Firstly, we jumped into it with her knowing I'm a little. She knew, she understood and although she hadn't experienced it in person, I had let her into a huge part of my personal life which I knew she accepted. On top of that, she understood that big me and little me were different. She's in a relationship with big me, she can do as she likes, she loves me equally as a girlfriend but when I'm little, she takes charge as my caregiver. She was an experienced caregiver too so my little was learning to be loved in the exact right way. I'd never had a caregiver, at least an in person one, properly despite being little since around eleven years old.

"Right, we're here baby," she muttered as the car came to a stop. I looked out of the window to see where we were and I couldn't figure it out. I just knew we were near the Royal Mile. I turned to look at her. There were lots of people around- and buses.
"Mama," I mumbled, moving closer to her. She wrapped an arm around my shoulder and kissed my head. She then reached into the bag she packed. I didn't know what she was getting so I just waited in her arms.
"Here, love," she said- taking out my headphones. I smiled. She connected them to her phone and gently put them on my head. She adjusted them and I watched her face of concentration, it was so full of care and love that I just wanted to melt. Once they were on, she tapped on her phone and music began playing through them- my favourite playlist. I leaned into her again and kissed her cheek, my thank you.