♥︎ 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

°˖✧✿✧˖° lia °˖✧✿✧˖°

Addie climbed out of a blacked out car about ten minutes later and I'd never appreciated her more. She waved and headed over to us.
"Hi," I said, stopping my swing. Ken gave her a little wave and began to slow her swing down.
"Everything alright? What happened to the day out?" Addie asked, leaning against the swing set.
"Just some things, not everything goes to plan," I said softly but shot her a smile, letting her know I'd tell her later. She nodded and spun the keys on her hand.
"Did you swing super high munchkin?" Addie asked Kennedy.
"Mhmms,I goed higher dan mama!" She giggled, pointing to the sky. Addie gasped and through up her arms.
"Can you go higher than me?" Addie asked, running to the other swing next to Kennedy. Ken gasped and jumped back on the swing. Instantly, I went behind her and helped her push and Addie started pushing herself.
"Harder mama, tome on!" Kennedy squealed, wiggling her legs as I pushed her.
"You've got to work too! Quick, push out," I said, pushing her. She giggled and did so. Very quickly, she got higher than Addie. They swung together for a little while and Kennedy laughed everytime she went high- she told me she loved heights. I didn't, they terrified me. I didn't mind going high on the swings and things like that but roller coasters or airplanes scared the living daylights out of me.

Soon, my phone started ringing. I moved away from the swings and answered it, it was Annie.
"Hi," I said softly, putting a hand in my pocket.
"He's being taken back to the home. I'm so sorry you experienced that," she said down the phone. She sounded exhausted and honestly I didn't blame her.
"That's okay. Things like that happen, you heading back to the hotel?"
"Are you guys there?"
"We're at the park right now. I just wanted to give her a distraction."
"Oh, oh is she little?"
"She slipped pretty quickly, yeah. She's happy thought, swining to her hearts content," I chuckled, watching her. She was in her own world, her eyes closed and leaning into the swings.
"Send me your location and I'll meet you there. I think she'll enjoy the fresh air for a little longer," Annie told me.
"Alright, we'll see you soon- yeah?"
"Yeah. See you soon, Lia."

I hung up and told Addie, who had stopped swining, the situation quietly whilst Kennedy carried on swinging herself. Then, Addie broke the news to me.
"Blair might be coming back early," she told me, quickly.
"Really? Has something happened?"
"One of her friends got into an altercation with someone in their hotel and they're a bit worried. They're trying to find a new hotel but I think they are just tired of the holiday now," she explained, swinging slightly.
"That's fair. They've been gone for three weeks?"
"Three yeah. Have you told Kennedy about her yet? I mentioned her the other day but I've not gone into much detail."
"I've not told her details no, I haven't had much chance yet."

"Annie!" Kennedy screamed. Suddenly, she jumped from the swing as it was in the air. My heart plummeted and I shot towards her but she landed on her feet and ran towards Annie as if she hadn't almost tried to kill hersefl!
"Kennedy!" I scolded, following her. She whimpered and crashed into Annie's arms. Annie chuckled and held her sister close.
"You can't jump off like that baba," Annie told her, caressing her hair.
"I doned it fore," Kennedy whimpered.
"You could have hurt yourself baby and it's dangerous," I said, rubbing her back.
"Hm but I I I know how do itttt," she whined and hid her head in Annie's neck.
"Maybe so but you have to be careful. At least tell us you're going to jump next time, love," I explained.
She only huffed and her little foot did a stomp but Annie held her close.

Later that night, the four of us sat on the bed watching Kennedy's favourite movie. She hadn't come out of her headspace all day, I didn't blame her. We got our food on the way home and ordered in some icecream from a desert place. Kennedy had been quiet since the conversation we had about her dad half an hour ago and she was so much clingier.

"Blair has just booked the flight home for tomorrow," Addie announced.
"Where to?"
"Manchester. I'll get her from the airport and we can head straight on to the next location," Addie replied. I nodded and wrapped my arms tighter around Kennedy. She lifted her head and looked up at me, caution in her eyes.
"Remember when I told you about Addie's little one, Blair?"
She only nodded, lifting her hand to her mouth- she was getting even more nervous now. "She's joining us on the tour tomorrow. Is that okay?"
She didn't say anything, just contiued looking at me with her dumbstruck expression. She was super small. I sighed and just kissed her head.
"She's super lovely and she'll make you laugh loads!" Addie giggled. I could tell she was excited her for her to come now. She'd been gone three weeks and well, they were usually unsepreable.
"She's too little for this conversation right now," I told Addie, holding her close.
"Okay, should we get her to sleep?"
"She can go to sleep here, it's alright. We'll just carry her to bed later."
"She's going to need a nappy on tonight. Last time she was this little, she lost all control during the night," Annie said quickly, slipping out of bed and bringing one back. I nodded and let her do it whislt I held Ken in my arms. She watched me with her big doe eyes and I pulled silly faces at her whilst keeping her distracted.
"She might have nightmares, Lia," Annie said softly.
"I know." I sighed. She'd been triggered today, loads more than she's been triggered in a while. This regression was more than just anxiety, it was a trauma response and it hurt my heart so much. I could tell Annie was struggling, seeing her baby sister like this.

The pair of them spent their early years in an abusive household, with their mum after she split from their dad. They had a stepdad who wasn't just narcissistic but an alcoholic and druggie. He was awful to them and when Kennedy turned five, Annie nine, their dad realised he had two kids who needed a lot of help and won custody over them both. Obviously, Kennedy had a lot more issues than Annie. Annie only started being abused when Kennedy was born and being the older sister, she understood more of the triggers, she understood how to not be hurt. Kennedy though, she was too young to know right from wrong in that household. Hence, the regression. It's been a life long thing and Annie had always helped her little sister. Their dad had helped too. Therapy was a big thing for them both growing up but Kennedy's little side was never 'healed'. Annie told me she never wanted it to be healed though. If Kennedy has the right support system around her, which Annie and her dad supplied, she's safe and it's a way to give her the childhood, the safe love and tender care, she lacked. It makes me so happy when they trust me with it. Kennedy trusting me is one thing but Annie trusting me was another and to know that here, they give me that- I love them both forever.