♥︎ 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

°˖✧✿✧˖° lia°˖✧✿✧˖°

"Hey princess!" I said to Kennedy and Annie as they walked through. 
"Mama wook!" Kennedy screeched, unaware of the other people in the room, she swung a build-a-bear box towards me and I gasped. 
"You got a bear?!" I cheered, sitting down and pulling her into my lap. She nodded and began fumbling with the box but then Blair spoke up. 
"Mummy I wanna go build-a-bear!" Kennedy froze. I froze too. She didn't move, or look up, she just paused- like a glitch. I rubbed her back. 
"It's okay," I whispered in her ear but she didn't react. 
"We might be able to find one in a different city hun," Addie said, taking Blair into her own arms. "Blair, this is Kennedy, Lia's new little one," she told the hyperactive blonde on her lap. 
"Hi Kennedy, I'm Blair!" She giggled, jumping back off Addie's back and coming towards us. However, Kennedy leaned into me, moving away from Blair. 
"It's alright sweetheart, Blair's super nice," I teased but held her close to me. She shook her head quickly and looked around the room. Annie was sitting on the other sofa and the door was open. Blair was standing right next to Kennedy now, talking about the build-a-bear and I was going to tell her to back off but before I could, Ken launched off my lap and connected her hands hard against Blair's chest. Blair stumbled back and Kennedy ran for the door- Annie sprinted after her. 

It all happened so fast that I didn't even comprehend Blair's crying or Kennedy's shouting from the corridor. 
"Lia, please," I heard Annie plead. I jumped up from the couch and went over to the door. I glanced at Blair in Addie's arms and she didn't seem upset or angry, she was talking to Blair in a calm voice. 
"Baby," I mumbled, taking Kennedy in my arms. Hot tears were streaming down her face and she was trying to get away from me. "Hey, hey," I tried talking to her. I grabbed her arms and held her firm, bending down in front of her. "Sweetheart, look at me." She did so, shoulders shaking and tears streaming. "Mama's here okay? I'm right here." I told her. She whimpered more and I didn't know how else to help. I took her in my arms, I held her head against my chest and her legs shakily wrapped around my hips. 
"Mama's got you," I stood up and took her to the bathroom, keeping her hidden in me. Annie went back into the other room. "Mama's here," I repeated. 

Her little sobs were breaking my heart and I knew this was just an overwhelming set of emotions and it will calm down soon but this was hard to deal with. I stroked her cheek, wiping her tears as she let out her whines. 
I brushed some of her hair out of her face and wiped her face more. "You're okay, hm," I mumbled. She shook her head and buried her head in her hands. 
"Hurted her," she whispered. 
"You were scared darling, in shock. I would have done the same and I assure you, Blair is a big girl- she'll be okay," I explained. 
"No- no mama I bad giwl," she cried and flopped back into me. I sighed and held her. 
"Mama isn't mad with you, I'm not upset with you and Addie isn't either. Try and take a deep breath for me, sweetheart," I whispered, rubbing up and down her back. When I say my princess doesn't have a bad bone in her body, I don't mean that she never does anything bad- she breaks rules, she gets upset or overwhelmed or overexcited but there's always this guilt and it breaks my little heart. 
"You're more than okay my love, deep breaths." 

After a few more minutes of upsetness, she began to calm down. "That's it, good girl." I encouraged her, rubbing her back as she let out shaky, deep breaths. "You're okay." She sat up and looked at me with the saddest little eyes. I grabbed some tissue and wiped her cheeks softly before kissing her head and her cheeks then putting a little kiss on her lips. 
"I so sowwy," she mumbled, getting herself upset again. 
"No no, it's okay," I whispered, putting some hair behind her ear. "You just got a bit scared lovely, it happens to us all," I told her. At first, I was going to tell her off, she knew not to push, she knew we needed kind hands but that was a blowout and I think the guilt she's got is enough of a punishment. 
"Why don't we go back in," she instantly shook her head. "Hey, let me finish." She whimpered but looked up at me. "We go back in, say a quick sorry to Blair, grab your things and head back to the hotel. Does that sound okay?" She thought for a moment then nodded gently. 
"Good girl, hop up," I tapped her thigh and she climbed off my lap. I stretched my legs a little as I stood up but her hand instantly grabbed mine, looping her fingers in mine. I kissed the top of her head and walked us into the main room. 

"Blair?" I said softly, crouching down next to her. Kennedy stayed stood, looking at her feet. 
"Hms?" the little one replied, playing with her barbies. 
"Are you okay?"
"I big girl, I otays," she nodded and I smiled. 
"That's good. Kennedy has come to say something to you real quick, is that okay?" Blair nodded and looked up at Kennedy. 
"M, I'm sowwy fowr puss woo," Kennedy whispered, folding over her ear. 
"It otays, you wan plays?" Blair said, smiling and holding up a barbie but Kennedy shook her head, taking a step back. I sighed and wrapped an arm around her. 
"She likes the offer but I think she's a little tired and shy right now Bee. We're going to head back to the hotel," I said, aiming the last bit towards Addie. 
"I've just called a taxi for us, you guys take the big car," Addie said, handing me the pass. I smiled warmly and Annie grabbed all of Kennedy's things. 
"Thank you, we'll see you soon." 

In the car on the way back, despite it not being long at all, the princess fell asleep. It didn't surprise me at all. After yesterday and her shopping trip and the upset- she must be exhausted. Once again, Annie carried the things and I carried Kennedy, bridal style up to the bedroom and put her to rest. I hoped and prayed she'd sleep all night. I knew she'd eaten whilst out with Annie so she could sleep all night. It meant she'd have sufficient rest ready for the new day tomorrow.